Associate Director for Student Professional Development
Georgetown University in Qatar (GU-Q) seeks an Associate Director of Student Professional Development. The primary focus of the position will be to establish and build relationships with local and regional employers with the aim to identify gainful professional opportunities for GU-Q students and alumni. In addition, he/she will provide vocational counseling throughout the student lifecycle to help them obtain the necessary tools and skills to find appropriate employment offers.
- Work with the Sr. Associate Dean for Students to develop, revise and maintain the direction, vision and ethos of the GU-Q Career Center
- Educate employers about GU-Q students and their skills and capacities as future employees
- Perform on-going employment market analysis for internship and job placements; develop and maintain effective relationships with business, industry, and government employers in order to arrange, and improve opportunities for internships and full time employment
- Develop and execute employer/company information sessions on campus as well as industry panels and networking opportunities between employers and students/alumni
- Provide one-to-one career coaching to students at every stage of the student lifecycle regarding job search strategy
- Design and conduct group workshops and educational materials covering career decision making and job preparation skills
- Manage the resume referral process for employers; determine appropriate policies and procedures.
- Communicate with internal and external professionals to facilitate networking and mentoring relationships
- Manage experiential educational initiatives related to career development
- Identify career needs via various methods (e.g. focus groups and questionnaires) and implement services and programs through a variety of media to support students; disseminate internship and job opportunities to students on a regular basis
- Conduct annual graduate survey and analysis regarding job placements and track employment/graduate school placement data
- Manage the Career Center Budget
- Other duties as assigned
- Master's degree or equivalent combination of qualifications and experience in a relevant field
- 3+ experience in a career management role in a local or regional context
- Proven track record of developing and managing relationships with employers, preferably in the region
- Strong understanding of the principles and practices of careers development counselling or closely related fields
- Experience and proficiency with incorporating the use of technology and communication strategies that leverage new media and social networking
- Strong ethics to be able to adhere to professional guidelines of the college career development field, desire to help others and ability to inspire respect, trust and confidence
- Excellent writing, presentation and organizational skills
- Fluency in English language
- Prior experience working with students in an advisory role is an asset
Qatar offers a diverse, safe, and family-friendly environment. Compensation and expatriate benefits packages are highly competitive. For a glimpse of what it is like to be a part of Georgetown University in Qatar, see: https://youtu.be/HNoERrWln4k.
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.