Maintenance Planner I/II
Maintenance Planner II | Grade 26 | $45,559.30- $75,998.24
Maintenance Planner I | Grade 28 | $50,325.81 - $83,949.34
Open: June 26, 2018 ▪ Close: August 10, 2018
*One position is available; to be filled based on the candidate’s qualifications.
The Upper Occoquan Service Authority is a leader in water reclamation making a difference in the protection of the region’s waterways and the drinking water for the public. If you want to make a difference in protecting the environment and serving the residents and businesses of Northern Virginia, UOSA wants to talk to you.
The Maintenance Planner is highly motivated to perform daily and long-range maintenance planning activities to maintain a high performance, customer service-oriented work environment. The assignments will vary and encompass a variety of tasks. For example: provides technical assistance and expertise related to maintenance planning and condition monitoring, performs quality control of work orders, utilizes technical information to set up maintenance schedules, analyses asset and work history data to identify chronic and costly equipment problems, provides CMMS-related training to the UOSA organization, maintains equipment records, and regulatory inspections files, documents maintenance procedures, work processes and CMMS configurations and initiates improvements of UOSA’s predictive and preventive maintenance programs.
The incumbent must have a strong understanding of principles, practices, and methods used in installation, maintenance and repair of equipment and infrastructure common to wastewater treatment or similar facilities. Must have good knowledge of predictive and preventive work practices. Must know how to plan, schedule, and execute work related to these facilities. Must be able to correctly interpret technical documentation, drawings, schematics, and specifications. Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite and demonstrate a high level of computer literacy. Must be able to interpret and analyze large volumes of data. Must be capable with a CMMS software (JD Edwards preferred). Must have excellent knowledge of business English to be able to clearly communicate with stakeholders in a positive and tactful manner and work harmoniously with others. Must demonstrate the ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail when completing multiple assignments with frequent interruptions. Must be organized and able to prioritize work.
- Completion of high school or a GED is required.
- Maintenance Planner II: Minimum four years of journey-level trade experience and/or experience in the maintenance management of plant machinery, equipment, vehicles, structures and facilities are required. May be substituted with any equivalent combination of education, experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Maintenance Planner I: Minimum six years of journey-level trade experience and/or experience in the maintenance management of plant machinery, equipment, vehicles, structures and facilities are required. May be substituted with any equivalent combination of education, experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Possession of a vehicle operator's license valid in the Commonwealth of Virginia is required.
- Must be able to meet physical requirements of position to include extensive walking, bending, stooping, climbing of stairs and ladders, lifting and/or carrying up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to participate in applicable work-safety programs and maintain UOSA certification in Confined Space Entry.
The vacancy notice does not imply that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed in the position.
All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening, physical exam, and background check paid for by UOSA.
In order to be fully considered for the position, all applicants must submit a complete online application along with an updated resume via the UOSA website: Uosa.org/Careers > Candidate Profile.