Medical Surgical Nursing Faculty
Howard Community College - Medical Surgical Nursing Faculty
Thank you for considering Howard Community College in your search.
About Howard Community College:
Howard Community College (HCC) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! HCC has been awarded the distinction as a "Great College to Work for" since 2009 from The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Howard Community College values diversity among its faculty, staff and student population. We are an innovative institution that is committed to responding to the ever-changing needs and interests of a diverse and dynamic community. No matter where you want to go in your career, you can get there from here!
A 10-month budgeted faculty member at any level and in any college division is expected to teach 14-16 units per semester, with 1 credit hour equaling one unit. Twelve month faculty are expected to each an additional 6-credits over winter and/or summer. Other teaching requirements and unit definitions can be found in the faculty handbook. In addition to teaching, faculty are expected to maintain at least 5 office hours per week.
Faculty are expected to demonstrate quality teaching by:
- Clearly communicating to students at the beginning of a course what they are to learn (course descriptions, syllabi, the grading system, and the learning objectives, attendance policy etc.).
- Promoting effective student learning through assignments and class activities including the use of a variety of instructional techniques designed to meet student needs, promoting active and independent learning, and promoting higher-order thinking.
- Holding classes at the scheduled time for the full period, except for emergency situations.
- Maintaining accurate attendance scholastic records and submitting required reports to meet deadlines, including submission of final grades by the published deadline.
- Teaching evening classes as part of regular load when assigned and at least once every two years within the needs of each division.
- Conducting assigned classes in accordance with the catalog and course description and objectives for the course.
- Developing methods of assessing student learning as specified in the objectives and providing feedback to students in a timely manner.
- Preparing, ordering, and updating normal classroom materials (including new textbooks) in accordance with established deadlines, including routine handouts, audiovisual equipment, library materials, bibliographies, reading lists, textbooks, software etc.
- Completing administrative duties in accordance with the administrative job description when assigned in lieu of a full teaching load.
- Attend and actively participate in meetings
- Current, unencumbered Maryland Registered Nurse License
- Recent (within 3 years) medical-surgical clinical experience
- Master's Degree or higher, required
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, with some weekends and evenings
Compensation: Starting salary of $49,167 but commensurate with experience; plus excellent health insurance, paid leave and tuition reimbursement
FLSA Status: Exempt
Open Until Filled
Best Consideration: June 29, 2018
**Selected candidate must be able to meet health and security clearance as clinical agency requirements**
Howard Community College (HCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer & values diversity within its faculty, staff & student population. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
HCC understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 443-518-1100. The TDD line phone # is: 443-518-4822.
- Cover letter
Link to the application: