Hours: 8:30 – 5:30 Monday – Friday
Reports to: Accounting Manager
General Responsibilities: Assist in the daily operations of the Finance & Administration department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accounts Payable
- Code and enter all invoices into accounting software.
- Perform weekly check-runs and wire transfers and as needed.
- Maintain electronic vendor information including W-9’s.
- Monitor and reconcile internal/external expense reports.
- Prepare, distribute, and reconcile corporate credit card expense reports.
- Prepare and file 1099 and 1096 forms yearly.
- Accounts Receivable
- Prepare incoming check batches as needed.
- Make bank deposits as needed.
- Enter all cash receipts into the system.
- Provide supporting documentation for detailed invoices.
- Reconcile membership revenue on a bi-monthly basis.
- Monthly Close/Audit Support
- Perform account analysis of cash, petty cash, accounts payable, line of credit, prepaid insurance and expenses, and accounts receivable accounts.
- Provide support in the yearly audit preparation.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic file of bank reconciliation and disbursements.
- Prepare and file the yearly Alexandria Business Personal Property Tax Return.
- Provide administrative support to accounting team and support other departments as needed.
- Perform special projects and other related tasks as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Undergraduate 4yr degree required. Concentration in Accounting preferred.
- Must be detailed oriented and have strong organizational skills
- General understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principals (GAAP).
- Bookkeeping experience and accounting software experience.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet applications (Excel) and Microsoft Word.
- Experience with database applications.
- Good written and oral communications.
To Apply: Qualified candidates with less than 5 years of experience, must submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with ACCOUNTING ASSOCIATE in the subject line. Applications submitted otherwise will not be considered.