Information Technology Specialist (Database Management)
All applicants must be U.S. citizens and are subject to a thorough background inquiry.
1. Demonstrated expertise in supporting the technology infrastructure for geographically dispersed field locations through managing a sound architecture, establishing military and commercial communications, performing field site installs, and sustaining operations.
2. Demonstrated expertise in strategic planning, architecture design, and technical implementation of migrating mission applications to the IC Cloud.
3. Builds project plans; defines goals, aligns resources (people, materials, facilities/equipment, funding), assesses risk, and identifies tasks to accomplish objectives.
4. Evaluates data, information, and trends to identify improvements to policies, procedures, and/or technology; extracts courses of action from vulnerability scans and other network traffic to identify anomalies and increase Agency situational awareness and support decision-making.
5. Leads data analysis for transition plans supporting future business needs, costs, scalability, capacity, security, and other enterprise factors.
HIGHLY DESIRED SKILLS
1. Demonstrated experience in performing market research and finalizing technical specifications for IT systems acquisition and integration.
2. Experience with information technology security and reliability requirements for systems supporting intelligence and military command and control missions.
3. Demonstrated experience in maintaining the operational availability of an information technology infrastructure while leading major modernization initiatives.
All Applicants must meet the following minimum qualification requirements in order to be considered for this position:
Requirements may be met either through Education and/or Experience and/or a combination of both.
All academic degrees and coursework must be from accredited or pre-accredited institutions. The coursework must be either undergraduate or graduate and must include a minimum of 24 semester hours in one, or a combination of the following: computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management.
GG-07 : One (1) full year of graduate level education; or Bachelor's degree with superior academic achievement
GG-09: Master's degree or equivalent graduate degree; OR two (2) full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree or equivalent graduate degree
GG-11 and above: Ph.D or equivalent doctoral degree; OR three (3) full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree
• Must be IT-related (paid or unpaid);
• May have involved the completion of specific and intensive training (for example, IT certification);
• Should have equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position and should have been gained in the same or related field as the work of the position being filled;
• Should have been gained in the IT field or through the performance of work where the primary concern was IT;
• Should consist of at least one year at a level equivalent to the next lower GG level;
• Must have demonstrated each of the following four competencies:
1. Attention to detail: thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail;
2. Customer Service: works with clients and customers to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations, knows about available products and services and is committed to providing quality products and services;
3. Oral Communication: effectively expresses information, takes into account the audience and nature of the information, makes clear and convincing oral presentations, listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues and responds appropriately;
4. Problem Solving: identifies problems, determines accuracy and relevance of information, uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives and makes appropriate recommendations.
Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position and is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
In order to qualify for this position, your application must include sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position to which you are applying. To view this position's requirements, click Vacancies to be directed to DIA's online application system. Please make note of the position title and 6-digit Job Opening ID number to which you are interested. You can scroll to the bottom of the page to locate the announcement or click on the “Advanced Search” link and enter in the 6-digit Job Opening ID number in the “Job Opening ID” field.Read more Security clearance Top Secret/SCI