Director of Marketing and Communications
Job Category : Admin or Professional Faculty
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Director of Marketing and Communications, College of Health and Human Services
The College of Health and Human Services at George Mason University invites applications for the position of Director of Marketing and Communications. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The Director of Marketing and Communications creates, implements and evaluates the marketing and communication strategy for the College, including its six academic units: Global and Community Health, Health Administration and Policy, Nursing, Nutrition and Food Studies, Rehabilitation Sciences, and Social Work. The College also has plans to build and expand public health. The incumbent will be a creative action-oriented marketing professional who will be responsible for building the Colleges brand, which will include public health in the near future in addition to its current academic disciplines and research centers. The incumbent will advise the Dean, and work collaboratively with the Colleges leadership and the Universitys Office of Communications and Marketing while enhancing the Colleges reputation and building relationships with various constituencies through traditional and other novel strategic initiatives. The incumbent shall be an excellent communicator and writer who is able to lead and work as a member of the team. The Director will report directly to the Dean and supervise members of the Marketing and Communications team. This is a full-time administrative faculty position with full benefits.
Specific position duties include:
- Oversees communication for the College and supervises the marketing and communication team.
- Facilitates brand development and implementation in concert with the dean, leadership, faculty, and advisory board.
- Strategically manages and oversees the Colleges identity and brand, digital media relations, and internal and external communications.
- Develops, implements and evaluates communication initiatives across various platforms.
- Oversees the design and production of materials including an annual report, e-newsletters, and other communication and marketing materials.
- Identifies and delivers existing and new markets and constituencies, devising and meeting timelines and budgetary targets.
- Works collaboratively with the Colleges Advancement and Alumni Office to promote philanthropy.
- Works closely with the Universitys Office of Communications and Marketing to identify and promote students, faculty, programs and research areas that will elevate the College and the University as a whole
- Introduces and evaluates new methods and technologies for keeping College and constituents highly engaged.
- Builds and promotes positive working relationships with internal and external partners.
- Oversees the content, messaging and updating of the Colleges website and social media accounts.
- Provides the dean, senior leadership and faculty with talking points, briefing materials and related materials for events and presentations
- Advises in the planning and execution of special events and activities. Required Qualifications:
- Masters degree in relevant area (e.g., marketing, advertising or communications) and 8+ years of applicable professional experience such as writing and editing for publications.
- Experience in leading and supervising a communications/marketing team.
- Expertise and experience in designing, implementing and evaluating strategic marketing campaigns and in building brands.
- Ability to build relationships within the College, University and with community partners.
- Creative and strategic thinker.
- Experience with state or national media venues.
- Strong collaboration, persuasion and consensus-building skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, visual presentation skills and other marketing attributes.
- Ability to manage sensitive information, and to support a culture of inclusion and diversity. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with health or related academic disciplines.
- Experience with MS Office Products and marketing and communications-related software such as the Salesforce CRM platform.
College of Health and Human Services At present, the College has seven academically accredited programs, and its School of Nursing is ranked second in Virginia and 41st nationally. The College is home to more than 1,800 undergraduate students and 800 graduate students and approximately 140 faculty and staff. To learn more about us, visit: https://chhs.gmu.edu.
About George Mason University George Mason University is a Carnegie R1 Research University, and is the largest and most diverse public university in Virginia, with more than 37,000 students from all 50 states and more than 135 countries. Located in Fairfax, Virginia, Mason is part of the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, offering easy access to the cultural, scientific, and political resources of the nations capital. Mason has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Please send inquiries about the position to Laura Walsh, Search Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position FA138Z at https://jobs.gmu.edu and complete the online application. Please upload your resume, a statement of interest, a two-page synopsis of your vision for the position relative to the College, a writing sample, and the names and full contact information for three references (who will only be contacted if invited for a campus interview). An offer of employment is contingent upon background verification. Review of applications will begin August 13, 2018 but will remain open until the position is filled.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position FA138Z at https://jobs.gmu.edu and complete the online application. Please upload your resume, cover letter, a statement of interest, a two-page synopsis of your vision for the position relative to the College (attach as other document), a writing sample, and the names and full contact information for three references. An offer of employment is contingent upon background verification. Review of applications will begin August 20, 2018 but will remain open until the position is filled.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :