BLH Technologies, Inc., an award-winning company specializing in communications, information technology, and safety monitoring solutions for Federal and commercial clients, seeks an experienced Proposal Writer to support U.S government clients and corporate business development. Candidates must have the ability to work on multiple assignments quickly and accurately, pay close attention to detail, and take direction from senior staff. The Proposal Writer will be responsible for completing a wide variety of assignments to support print, digital, and corporate assignments.
We are looking for someone to work in our Rockville, MD headquarters office. This position will report to the Senior Vice President.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft and finalize a wide range of materials and content, including reports, plans, brochures, fact sheets, digital communications, presentations, online content, marketing materials, and proposals.
- Respond quickly to requests for writing and editing services to meet tight deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Achieve and maintain familiarity with clients’ content and ensure use of agency’s preferred terminology and style on all materials and content.
- Conduct quality control of deliverables, including draft and final materials.
- Work collaboratively as a member of an integrated Government and contractor team.
- Perform other duties as assigned to include corporate tasks.
- Master’s degree in Journalism, Communications, or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of writing and editing experience supporting Federal contracts.
- Knowledge of and experience with the Government Printing Office (GPO) and American Medical Association (AMA) Style Manuals and Federal Plain Language Guidelines.
- Proposal writing experience is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge and a high-level of proficiency using Microsoft Office software products.
- Strong ability to review and effectively critique work for quality, consistency, and accuracy.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Section 508 Accessibility Compliance experience is a plus.