Education Support Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Student Services Coordinator
The George Mason University, School of Integrative Studies, is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic person for a Student Services Coordinator position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The School of Integrative Studies is committed to integrating interdisciplinary knowledge with lifelong learning by offering experiential, hands-on learning that connects the classroom to the world.
- Advise undergraduate students on academic issues toward degree completion;
- Provide administrative support for SIS student services activities, such as academic advising, recruitment, and orientation;
- Assist with student services program development; and
- Contribute to campus and community outreach.
This position requires some evening and weekend hours.
- Bachelors degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience with student services/student affairs, especially in working directly with students to provide information, answer questions, provide guidance, and advise formally and informally;
- Demonstrated skills in program and activity coordination in an academic setting;
- Possess strong attention to detail and strong information technology skills;
- Experience in higher education student services (particularly academic advising);
- Experience working directly with college students in education and development programs; and
- Experience coordination activities and assessment in an academic setting. Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge with Degree Works (Ellucian based degree progress platform) and Student Success Collaborative;
- National Academic Advising Association (NACADA) membership and experience is preferred.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at at http://jobs.gmu.edu for position number 02541z by July 22, 2018; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :