Graphic Design & Production Coordinator
7 days left
- Full Time
Graphic Design & Production Coordinator
Protecting, Embracing and Empowering | Service and justice | Advocating for migrants and refugees
If you are passionate about transforming communities for migrants and refugees with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS), is seeking a Graphic Design and Production Coordinator who will be responsible for designing and producing projects from concept to delivery for LIRS’s internal and external marketing and communications needs. The position will create and design marketing collateral for various program related projects, events, advertisements, and initiatives across the organization, developing key marketing projects that heighten LIRS’s brand and credibility as a faith-based thought and service leader. S/he will contribute to marketing and communications planning, and strategy development and collaborate with colleagues to garner content for a variety of uses. The Graphic Design and Production Coordinator will coordinate with contracted printers, advertisers, and other vendors for timely execution of deliverables; maintain positive flow of inventory; conduct periodic collateral audits; and identify opportunities for new materials.
- Design graphics and marketing collateral that effectively portray desired messages (i.e. brochures, reports, templates, social media graphics, advertisements, etc.). Assist with determining the message the design should portray; develop or adapt concepts for a variety of graphic design projects; create the actual project design and layout.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications Manager to determine scope of project; advise design and content strategies to reach a particular audience; evaluate priority of requests, projects, and activities to ensure best return of investment of time and resources.
- Work directly with internal program staff to effectively manage production timelines, budget, and delivery of final materials; self-manage project planning and tracking, deadlines, and tasks.
- Create, organize, and manage the essential elements of a project including photos, typography, graphic elements, rendering objects to enhance the design, with particular consideration to cultural aspects in the design of materials.
- Research and collaborate with vendors to gather spec information, pricing, and integrate the vendor production schedule with LIRS’ production schedule.
- Coordinate and oversee relationships with external freelancers and vendors, including proofreaders. Package artwork and provide to external vendors.
- Represent the LIRS brand at all levels of content and graphics creation, events, and vendor interaction.
- Develop and maintain project management processes/tools to track project information and effectively communicate with program partners, and external vendors on schedule of work, production timelines, information on project costs, etc.
- Special projects or other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in graphic design, marketing, communications, advertising, or related field in combination with a minimum 2-3 years of corporate and/or non-profit experience.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Flash, and extensive experience in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing) with internal and external stakeholders.
- Meticulous attention to detail; takes pride in quality of work.
- Strong interest in design trends; artistic flair and eye for design.
- Outstanding organizational skills and demonstrated ability to meet project deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to be adaptable and maintain effectiveness in a fast-moving, changing, deadline-driven environment.
- Commitment to timely achievement of deliverables and outcomes.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to negotiate pricing and cultivate vendor relationships with a high degree of integrity.
- Competency in cross-cultural communications.
- Experience with and commitment to working in a very diverse workforce.
- Deep commitment to LIRS’ core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
Headquartered in Baltimore’s beautiful Inner Harbor, with offices in Washington, DC, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with a 77-year history, a budget of $58 million per year, and approximately 90 headquarters staff. LIRS offers a generous benefit package and competitive compensation.
LIRS is widely-recognized for its expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants living within the borders of the United States. Working with and through partners across the country, LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and pursues humanitarian alternatives to the immigration detention system.
To be considered, please submit a resume and cover letter by COB Friday, June 29th via http://lirs.iapplicants.com/ViewJob-769361.html. For more information about LIRS, please visit www.lirs.org.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service provides equal employment opportunities to all, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.