Help Desk Manager
Help Desk Manager
Protecting, Embracing and Empowering | Service and justice | Advocating for migrants and refugees
If you are passionate about transforming communities for migrants and refugees with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS), is seeking a Help Desk Manager who is responsible for the overall management of the help desk support for LIRS, and for providing Level 1 and 2 technical support for issues related to desktop, network, and peripheral technology infrastructure and service delivery, and for coordinating support requests with other members of the Technology Unit. (S)He works closely with all departments for end-user support and service at all levels and areas of the organization. (S)He will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing and supervising the activities and efficient operation of the applications management and support functions in the Technology Unit.
- Manage LIRS IT Help Desk using a ticketing system; provide Level 1 and 2 technical support; for other issues, escalate to internal network and application specialists or support vendors; follow up on requests to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Perform administration of network, telephone systems, mobile apps, and hosted applications.
- Perform installation of required computer hardware/software throughout the organization; use imaging technology to build/rebuild and deploy PCs.
- Identify and implement improvements to the support process and the ticketing system to ensure customer satisfaction is maximized.
- Provide users with basic orientation and training for optimum deployment and usage of hardware and software. Conduct new staff IT orientations.
- Build and maintain knowledgebase of common issues and requests to empower staff to help themselves.
- Manage all hardware inventory and software licensing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in computer sciences, business administration in combination with 2-4 years of experience in an Information Technology support role, including managing support systems and processes.
- "Expert user" skills in MS-Office, Windows, and Desktop support.
- Solid general knowledge of hardware and peripheral operations and maintenance, including PCs, HP LaserJet printers, Wi-Fi, VoIP Telephones and Microsoft networks
- Macintosh experience desired.
- Intermediate knowledge of Windows Servers, TCIP, Ethernet, Active Directory.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills to include process documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to provide an exceptional customer service experience.
- Ability to lift and move 30+ pounds on a routine basis.
- Deep commitment to LIRS’ core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
Headquartered in Baltimore’s beautiful Inner Harbor, with offices in Washington, DC, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with a 77-year history, a budget of $58 million per year, and approximately 100 headquarters staff.
LIRS is widely-recognized for its expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants living within the borders of the United States. Working with and through partners across the country, LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and pursues humanitarian alternatives to the immigration detention system.
To be considered, please submit a resume and cover letter by Friday, June 22, 2018 via http://lirs.iapplicants.com/ViewJob-769141.html. For more information about LIRS, please visit www.lirs.org.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service provides equal employment opportunities to all, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.