Sr. Proposal Writer
The Senior Proposal Writer reports to the business development department and works closely with program and country office staff.
- Research, write, and edit technical sections of proposals and meet all proposal deadlines;
- Participate in proposal strategy, design, writing, and review sessions with business development and technical teams throughout the life of the proposal;
- Review and contribute to proposal outlines and compliance matrices;
- Work with subject matter experts and country office staff to prepare material for proposals, including interviewing experts and/or reviewing and revising text prepared by experts;
- Review proposal pieces and final text for clarity, consistency, and responsiveness to RFP/RFA requirements, in preparation for reviews and final production;
- Travel to country offices to work with local partners and/or staff; gather operational information and country context; and analyze the competitive environment for considering AMIDEAST’s differentiators;
- Provide support to AMIDEAST staff to improve proposal writing skills through workshops and individual trainings;
- Support non-proposal writing/editing tasks (including reports, corporate capability pieces, success stories, expressions of interest, country reports/briefing books, project reports, and others), as required (30% time).
- Incumbent actively engages with business development team, subject matter experts, and country office staff during program design.
- AMIDEAST employees’ skills in proposal writing are improved due to incumbent’s effective training, mentoring, and one-on-one coaching on compelling proposal writing.
- The number of proposals submitted annually increases.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- B.A. or equivalent in education, international relations/development, journalism, or related field; M.A. preferred;
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in the international development field; with at least 5 years of experience focusing on the Middle East and North Africa preferred;
- Significant knowledge of international education and training programs, including gender, youth and workforce development;
- Minimum 6 years of proposal development experience responding to solicitations from USAID, other USG agencies and/or multilateral development organizations;
- Demonstrated success in writing USAID, Department of State, foundation and/or grant proposals;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work effectively with diverse teams to deliver in a timely manner.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Fluency in Arabic and/or French highly is desirable.
Please apply via our website at www.amideast.org. AMIDEAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities/ Women /Veterans/Disability /Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation