IT Platform Senior Engineer
7 days left
- Full Time
The Division of Information Technology, Enterprise Engineering, is seeking a Systems Engineer to assist with building and maintaining enterprise-class and mission critical infrastructure for the University of Maryland. The position will oversee the maintenance, installation, optimization, and consistent up-time of all dedicated and cloud instances owned and managed by the division. This is a highly technical role and requires solid competence of all aspects of software and cloud infrastructure. This includes the creation of technical design documentation and integration plans. The Systems Engineer will be part of an enterprise wide Platform Engineering group and will work actively as a member of the technical team developing technical solutions. The candidate will be expected to implement and manage enterprise solutions for specific business needs that provide frameworks, interfaces and services that can be extended and reused for future requirements.
The candidate will also be required to play a knowledge sharing and educational role within the organization. This requires consulting with other departments about public cloud infrastructures and educating DivIT and other campus groups about Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud infrastructures and environments. The candidate will need to be highly skilled and knowledgeable about AWS public cloud services and be certified to educate and instruct others on these services.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of web architecture and web development framework experience
- Current working knowledge of Solaris or Linux environments with Apache
- 3+ years of Tomcat or JBoss experience
- Experience managing production infrastructure with configuration management systems (Salt, Puppet, Chef)
- Experience creating and maintaining infrastructure leveraging cloud services
- 2+ Years Source Control Experience
Additional desired skills include:
- DBA experience
- Understanding of Virtualization Technologies
- Docker or similar container experience.
- AWS or Cloud Platform Experience
- Experience in Programming / scripting (Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP)
- Automated integration tool experience
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Amazon Web Services Certified Solutions Architect Certification.
- Amazon Web Services instructor certification
- Experience with Citrix
Physical demands: Position is essential and may require off-hours and weekend work.
Best consideration date: 07/27/2018
Please, apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/61077