Senior Administrative Assistant
The Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy (AURA) is looking for a professional to be part of the executive support team at our Corporate Office in Washington, D.C.
What will I do?
- Serve as primary point of contact for the office. Answer phones, screen and refer calls appropriately.
- Provide administrative and clerical functions including photocopying, mailing, scanning, faxing and sending emails.
- Coordination of calendars, schedules, and at times confidential and non-confidential communications for Executive Team members.
- Coordination of teleconferences/video teleconferences, meetings and events, both internal and external (scheduling, agenda setting, document and presentation preparation, and logistics).
- Drafting, editing and proofreading of correspondence, reports, and presentations.
- Coordination of travel and assistance with travel expense reports for team members and, when needed, external members/personnel.
- Maintenance and uploading of materials to Governance and Council member websites.
- Order supplies and maintain office equipment.
- Maintain office common spaces.
- Reports to Corporate Office Business and Administration Manager.
How can I be successful?
- 2-4 years administrative experience
- College degree or equivalent experience desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong social skills, with the ability to work reciprocally with other team members.
- Demonstrated organizational, administrative, and time management skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects simultaneously, work independently and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Self-starter – knowing what to do for the day without asking for detailed tasks.
- Proficiency in computer skills, particularly Microsoft Outlook, Word, SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience working in a government contractor organization a strong plus.
What will be my Salary and Benefits?
As a full time employee, you will enjoy of:
- Competitive salary
- Generous leave and holiday plan
- Health, dental, life, vision and disability insurance
- Employer-contributed pension plan
- Great location: downtown Washington, D.C. and near the Metro Center Stop.
How do I apply?
Complete an on-line application, attach your cover letter and resume. In the cover letter please provide your salary expectation. Please include job #02846 the filename. Your resume will get full consideration if received by June 22, 2018.
AURA, as a leader in the astronomical community, is committed to diversity and inclusion. AURA develops and supports programs that advance our organizational commitment to diversity, broaden participation, and encourage the advancement of diversity throughout the astronomical scientific workforce. Learn more at www.aura-astronomy.org/diversity.asp
As a recipient of U.S. Government funding, AURA is considered a government contractor and is subject to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, AURA and all of the centers, do not discriminate based on race, sex, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender identity expression, lawful political affiliations, veteran status, disability, and/or any other legally protected status under applicable federal, state, and local equal opportunity laws. The statements below as well as the requests for self-identification are required pursuant to these regulations. We encourage your participation in meeting these federal reporting requirements which are included for protection and to assist us in our record keeping and reporting. Your responses are kept strictly confidential.
Veterans, disabled individuals or wounded warriors needing assistance with the employment process can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V Voted to the Baltimore Magazine Hall of Fame in 2015 – Top 25 Places to Work in Baltimore.