Handyman/Punchout for Residential Home Remodeler
We are looking for a super dependable jack-of-all trades with excellent people skills. This position is perfect for someone who likes to do something new each day, is great at problem solving and takes pride in their work. We provide a fun, family atmosphere with generous compensation and benefits.
Sun Design Remodeling Specialists Inc. is a full-service Design/Build company that has been remodeling homes in Northern Virginia for over 30 years! We are the proud recipients of over 90 Design & Service Awards; Inc. 5000's fastest growing companies for the last 3 years; Washingtonian Top Remodeler for the last 2 years; and ranked # 22 on Remodeling Magazines Top 550 Remodelers in the U.S. under the Design/Build category.
Our employees create a remarkable experience for our clients with their consistent dedication to exquisite craftsmanship, hard work and communication. As one of the Top 100 Companies to Work For, we hold ourselves to the highest standards in providing a great experience for our employees as well as our clients.
We need a team player with extensive experience in residential remodeling. This individual will excel in customer service, work well with others, and respect the process we follow to get the job done. We appreciate flexibility, willingness to pitch in, and a good sense of humor. Excellent interpersonal communication skills are required.
Preferred Requirements: NARI Certified Lead Carpenter Designation; EPA RRP Certified Renovator Certification a plus.
1. Five years' experience (punch-out or lead carpenter)
2. Strong knowledge of construction trades (i.e. HVAC, plumbing, electrical, tile, flooring, masonry/concrete, roofing,
3. Familiarity with home maintenance standards and recommendations.
4. Ability to skillfully perform basic plumbing, electrical, masonry, roofing, HVAC, metal repairs.
5. Strong skills in drywall repairs, painting, trim carpentry, and cabinet touch-ups.
Tool Requirements (in truck) -
1. All basic hand tools (hammer, nail puller, speed square tape, screw driver, tape measure, 5-in-1, pliers, channel locks)
2. Caulk gun, mud pan, mud knife, level, caulk box
3. Power tools (Skill saw, reciprocating saw, miter saw, table saw, router/bits, Multi-Max or similar, compressor, hoses, trim, framing gun, cordless drill, cordless nail gun, impact gun).
This position has three components: Handyman service/sales, corporate office maintenance, and home show set ups.
* Compensation is based on experience
* Benefits include paid vacation and holidays, medical and dental insurance, company matching retirement plan, cell phone and gym discounts, plus group bonus.
You may reply to this posting directly or apply online using the link below (Warranty Asst job posting):