Operations Research Analyst
25% or less - You may be expected to travel up to 10%
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Who May Apply: All U.S. Citizens
Basic Requirement for Operation Research Analyst:
Degree: Bachelor's degree (or higher degree) in operations research; or a degree with at least 24 semester hours in a combination of operations research, mathematics, probability, statistics, mathematical logic, science, or subject-matter courses requiring substantial competence in college-level mathematics or statistics. At least 3 of the 24 semester hours must have been in calculus.
In addition to the above basic requirements you must also meet the requirements below:
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: (1) Constructing cost models for Information Technology utilizing cost parameters, cost factors, and cost estimating relationships; 2) Designing cost estimate plans that outline the variables, calculations, and relationships that affect the life cycle costs of Information Technology systems; 3) Preparing reports on cost estimates and cost effectiveness. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service NH-02 (GS-11).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Cost Estimation and Analysis
- Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Data Analysis
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- You will be required to undergo background investigation leading to the successful adjudication of eligibility for Secret security clearance. Derogatory information developed during the background investigation, such as a criminal history, could render the selectee ineligible for both the security clearance and continued employment in the position, if already appointed.
- Position may be filled as a temporary promotion or temporary reassignment NTE 2 Yrs by a current permanent Army employee. Temporary promotions or reassignments may be extended up to a maximum of five years.
- Position may be filled as a term appointment NTE 2 Yrs, if the candidate is not a current permanent Army employee. Term appointments may be extended up to a maximum of five years.
- This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position. Selectees must meet position requirements for certification at Level II in Acquisition Career Field- Business- Cost Estimating within 24 months of entrance on duty." (Certification requirements may be found in the Defense Acquisitions University Catalog at http://icatalog.dau.mil/onlinecatalog/CareerLvl.aspx.)
- This position is a modified term appointment and is based on the term appointment authority that exists in the Civil Service system, but extends the time period to five years.
- This position requires you to submit a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 36 position
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 90 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website. Read more Security clearance Secret