Event Services Technician
- Full Time
Job Category : Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Working hours :
Salary : $10.00-$14.00 per hour; commensurate with experience.
Web Announcement :
Event Services Technician
The George Mason University SciTech Campus Events Department is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic person for an Event Services Technician to support events at the SciTech Campus and/or the Potomac Science Center. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Responsible for providing technical and operational support for events on the SciTech Campus and Potomac Science Center
- Works with students, faculty, staff and the community at large to ensure the delivery of event support services;
- Assist with issues related to operations and room set up configurations for events;
- Expected to work some evenings and weekends;
- On occasion, may need to work on other campuses as determined by the Supervisor;
- Reports to the Events Services Technical Coordinator at the Science and Technology Campus;
- Work directly with the Event Team in planning and executing events;
- Work with Operations Manager, Catering, Facilities and other partners at the SciTech Campus and Potomac Science Center. Required Qualifications:
- Basic knowledge and experience in technical production and event support;
- Understanding of event management common practices;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and provide excellent customer service; and
- Must have the ability to:
- Provide technical support for events;
- Provide operational support for event spaces;
- Ensure proper configuration, setup, operation, monitoring, and breakdown of event services equipment and other university equipment including in-house audiovisual systems; and
- Serve as on-site manager for events when determined to require such presence by the Event Services Technical Coordinator.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number WG4662 at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :