Web Designer/Developer III
Web Designer/Developer III
Digital User Experience
Exempt, Regular, 100% Full Time, Pay Grade 3.2
University of Maryland University College seeks a Web Designer/Developer III. Reporting to the Director, Digital Initiatives, the Web Designer/Developer III will develop consumer-facing web and collateral materials that support the department's goals to build a compelling brand and motivate prospective students to enroll at UMUC. Designers/Developers are responsible for designing web pages and coding solutions to complex digital projects as requested primarily by the Integrated Marketing team.
The designer/developer will work collaboratively with Integrated Marketing, the Production teams, and others in Marketing Services to ensure effective deliverables.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Ensure understanding of requested work, importance to the organization and desired deliverables
- Write code that conforms to UMUC standards, participate in code reviews, and the agile development processes
- Work collaboratively with Project Manager within Production team to plan print and web production needs
- Work with assigned writers/editors to ensure that design and content align
- Develop designs and solutions that are visually appealing, based on best practices, reinforce the brand value proposition and drive results
- Become a valuable member of the Marketing Services team and bring value-add thinking to all of our efforts
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
Strong web design capabilities
Strong HTML5 and CSS3 development skills
3-5 years of related experience in website design and development using HTML 5 and CSS 3
Experience working with content management systems
Experience with Agile methodologies
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.