Regional Operations Director
In partnership with the Executive Vice President, Regional Academic Director, and the Regional Finance Director, the Regional Operations Director oversees the growth strategy for the Imagine Hope LEA and leads the work to define and deliver operational excellence for the school. The ROD will be charged with developing and implementing policies and procedures across various non-instructional functions including operations, finance, IT, human resources, financial management, fundraising and grants management, purchasing and contracting, facilities management, & insurance and risk management, and administration. The ROD manages a team of professionals and leaders, works closely with the Board and other school management to ensure Imagine Hope LEA’s sustainability and growth. This is an outstanding opportunity for a seasoned executive with operational and financial experience and a proven track record of creative problem-solving and change management to join a high-growth, mission-driven organization. This is a full-time position, with a significant amount of time on campus. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee team & family and external vendors to manage financial operations in the areas of accounting, reporting, banking, budgeting, procurement, compliance, and financial planning.
- Oversee team & family and external vendors to manage information technology. Collaborate and support the instructional design team to ensure resources are in place for high-quality technology curriculum delivery.
- Oversee team & family and vendors supporting HR; upgrade human resources functions as required, including payroll, compensation and benefits, employee relations, performance management and recruiting.
- Oversee team & family for purchasing, procurement, and inventory management, including vendor management and securing administrative supplies, instructional materials, furniture, and equipment.
- Oversee team & family to ensure compliance systems and tools are in place such that Imagine Hope LEA complies with all federal, state, and local legal and regulatory requirements to ensure no adverse impact to student and staff welfare, financials, ability to operate and grow, or
- Oversee grant’s management to ensure a pipeline of new opportunities and that grants are secured, allocated, budgeted, tracked, and in
- Oversee team & family to ensure facility solutions and plans are in place consistent with the school’s growth, mission and available funds.
- Oversee the school’s legal affairs, insurance, and other risk management
- Oversee team & family and strategies for the planning, implementation, & support of all technology required for Imagine Hope LEA to achieve its educational and business
- Ensure staffing, systems, and vendors are in place for food programs with timely, reliable, safe, on-budget, and fully compliant delivery of
- Develop, manage, and organize planning around the school’s annual budgeting process; work with the board’s finance committee to transition the development and implementation of the school’s 5 & 10-year models.
- Oversee team & family and programs responsible for managing the school’s after-care programs.
- Oversee team & family responsible for IT Systems and Tech Support.
Bachelor’s degree in Business from an accredited college or university, preferably in Business administration, finance, education or other similar fields (MBA preferred)
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively increasing operational, financial, administrative, HR and strategic planning experience
- Proven track-record planning, leading and managing staff to work collaboratively and achieve individual, team and organizational goals.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills; willingness and desire to set the tone for a customer-focused operations team.
- Entrepreneurial problem-solver with a focus on driving results and continual improvement.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to do whatever it takes for staff and students to achieve & excel
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate cooperatively and constructively with other staff, students and parents in a multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and make deadlines.
- Demonstrates good judgment; approachable and professional; solid problem-solving skills; ability to handle multiple tasks; self-motivated; well organized.
- Able to work independently, analyze information skillfully and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and necessary expertise to complete all tasks.
Note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the standard required for each essential function. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all assigned duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.