Project Engineer (Capital Construction)
Loudoun Water, a public water and sewer utility located in Ashburn, Virginia, has an immediate opening for a Project Engineer in its Capital Construction Department, which manages the construction of Loudoun Water’s capital improvements projects. Project management includes technical oversight and administrative management of project scope, budget, and schedule. Essential functions include:
- Managing the construction of various water, wastewater, and reclaimed water infrastructure projects to ensure contract compliance;
- Developing and managing project budgets;
- Tracking the contractor’s performance against the project schedule;
- Providing review of project designs for constructability;
- Managing third party construction-phase services contracts;
- Coordinating with construction inspectors, and internal and external stakeholders;
- Leading the project testing, startup, and commissioning phases; and
- Coordinating with regulatory agencies for project approvals.
We are looking for a highly-motivated self starter with an eye for quality and excellent technical and communication skills. We offer highly competitive salaries, a stable work environment, and excellent employee benefits.
Requirements: BS degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related field and a minimum of 5-7 years of progressively responsible experience, including relevant design and management experience on water and wastewater facilities and infrastructure. An MS degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or Construction Management may be applied towards the experience requirements. Registration as a Professional Engineer in Virginia is desirable.
Apply online at www.loudounwater.org or send completed applications to Loudoun Water, HR Department, 44865 Loudoun Water Way, Ashburn, VA 20146 or by fax to 571.223.2079. Salary DOQ. Position will remain open until filled. EOE