Application and Outreach Coordinator (AOC) - Office of Global Education (OGE)
Application and Outreach Coordinator (AOC) - Office of Global Education (OGE)
Georgetown University's Office of Global Education (OGE) facilitates undergraduate credit-bearing study abroad opportunities. Serving Georgetown College, the Walsh School of Foreign Service, the McDonough School of Business, and the School of Nursing and Health Studies, we send approximately 900 students abroad to earn academic credit in over 50 countries.
The Application and Outreach Coordinator (AOC) is responsible for managing day to day administrative procedures serving more than 1000 students within the Office of Global Education (OGE) who apply annually to Georgetown University global education programs. The position manages these processes in conjunction with the OGE Senior Leadership Team under the guidance of the Assistant Director of Operations and Administration. This position plays a critical role in maintaining the University's education abroad database and its online enrollment management system (Terra Dotta Software - TDS) as well as the unit's web presence, digital strategy, and online marketing. The AOC also provides advising to students on academically appropriate study abroad opportunities. The AOC supervises student paraprofessional workers with administrative responsibilities within OGE. Other key responsibilities include the management of application and selection processes, data analysis, and statistical reporting. This position works closely with the Senior Associate Director of Affiliated Programs, the Assistant Director for Global Living and Learning Programs, and the Office of Global Education advising and program management staff. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Operations and Administration, the Application and Outreach Coordinator has duties that include but are not limited to:
Database Administration, Information Management, and General Administrative Support for the OGE Senior Leadership Team
- Manages and enhances the Global Education database and enrollment management system, Terra Dotta Software (TDS/StudioAbroad).
- Serves as the primary point person for troubleshooting TDS and logs cases with the software developer as issues arise.
- Communicates with Terra Dotta and University Information Services (UIS) on matters related to database hosting and management.
- Manages the Document Center, Learning Content, Questionnaires, and Materials sections of TDS.
- Researches new software features as they are released and makes recommendations to OGE Leadership Team about which features to adopt.
- Implements upgrades and further feature integrations to the database.
- Trains OGE staff on the use of new features.
- Sets up query watches to ensure that status changes are communicated to administrative offices across campus.
- Serves as main point of contact for questions from users of the system, specifically OGE staff, students, faculty/staff, and units, such as Residential Living, Student Financial Services, and Academic Resources Center.
- Updates training and reference materials related to administrative processes, including database management; and creates new materials as appropriate.
- Oversees the processing of official documents for students, such as letters of financial support, visa letters, and insurance verification letters.
- Works with a representative of the Office of the University Registrar to request official transcripts on behalf of students during the application process.
- Manages the administrative process for returnee transcripts, including maintaining a copy of the record in OGE and sending original transcripts to the individual.
- Manages the production of print material such as program lists, flyers, and handouts for the office.
Support for the OGE Senior Leadership Team
Assists the OGE Leadership Team by assisting with special projects, which may relate to areas including but not limited to:
- Coordination and planning of training sessions for curricular deans and other administrators.
- Coordination and planning of training sessions for OGE staff.
- Working with the Assistant Director of Operations and Administration to manage projects to completion.
Management of the Study Abroad Application Cycle
- Oversees the cycle of study abroad applications ensuring that application and selection processes are handled in a timely and efficient manner.
- Drafts the administrative calendar for OGE Leadership Team approval; manages each step of the application and selection process; communicates with other offices on campus to ensure harmonized procedures; and follows up with OGE staff to ensure that administrative tasks are completed accurately and on schedule.
- Liaises with the Office of Student Conduct to receive reports; distributes conduct information to OGE staff; and informs the Assistant Director of Operations and Administration of any significant issues.
- Transcribes details of application review (selection) meetings and maintains accurate records of decisions; and coordinates, prepares, and finalizes selection reports.
- Compiles program details and information from OGE advising and program management staff in order to create “Chart of Fees.”
- Drafts weekly “Administrative Emails” to OGE staff, with reminders of upcoming project, task, and completion deadlines.
- Distributes the administrative calendar to OGE staff, including the creation and distribution of application deadlines and important meeting dates for curricular deans and administrative offices across campus.
Website Management, Social Media, and Online Outreach
- Acts as the primary manager of the OGE website (studyabroad.georgetown.edu).
- Implements content edits and design elements (utilizing HTML and CSS coding).
- Creates web announcements, such as those related to OGE events; and ensures that the web pages are up to date with accurate information.
- Selects images and graphics that depict the OGE brand and diverse student experiences abroad.
- Periodically reviews the OGE website with an eye toward making recommendations for new content to the OGE Leadership Team.
- Manages the design of program brochures and ensures that content for all programs is standardized and consistent in program brochures - including periodic review of program pages for accuracy and formatting, as well as integration of student content (blogs, videos).
- Creates program pages as new programs are approved.
- Maintains the myGUABROAD Custom CSS by ensuring that it reflects GU brand.
Social Media and Outreach
- Drives OGE social media strategy and maintains an active profile on social media outlets.
- Researches innovative ways to use social media in the Georgetown context and implements long-term social media campaigns.
- Ensures that OGE remains relevant social media platforms, including emerging platforms.
Data Analysis and Statistical Reporting
- Develops a working knowledge of application trends related to student demographics, term and length of study abroad, study abroad destinations, and areas of study.
- Develops reports to highlight this and other relevant information to help inform decisions regarding new and existing programs and student outreach.
- Maintains annual statistics information on the OGE website.
- Creates data reports for OGE, including weekly application and student status reports for OGE advising staff to be included in the Administrative Email.
- Creates reports for other OGE staff members upon request, including the preparation of data reports for the OGE Leadership Team to be used for external reporting.
- At the direction of the Director, responds to requests for data from constituents across campus (including curricular deans, academic departments, and administrative offices).
Academic Advising and Program Coordination
- Advises students on appropriate study abroad programs, with a focus on general and initial advising, by methods that may include coordinating open advising, Study Abroad 101 sessions, and working with students who wish to study on non-Georgetown summer programs.
- Provides direction to prospective participants through an advising program which focuses on program research, selection, and preparation; and directs inquiries to advising staff in OGE as appropriate.
- Processes student applications.
- Communicates as needed with exchange and partner institutions to ensure students have access to appropriate program and application information.
Event Management and Outreach
- Plans, promotes, and executes OGE events such as New Student Orientation Open House, Study Abroad Fair, Re-entry events, OGE Open Houses, Orientations, and other general information sessions.
Student Worker Supervision and Management
- Supervises student paraprofessional employees employed by OGE.
- Posts calls for applications, screens applications, conducts interviews, and manages the interview schedule and hiring process.
- Coordinates student work schedules; provides training; compiles task and project lists in conjunction with OGE advising and program management staff; assigns projects; serves as a liaison between the students and the individual professional staff; and ensures that students submit time sheets on a weekly basis.
- Manages student employee project work in consultation with OGE professional staff.
- Coordinates with HoyaWorks to ensure that student workers to do not exceed the number of allocated work-study hours.
- Conducts periodic evaluations of student employee performance and provides guidance and suggestions for improvement.
Representation and Professional Development
- Represents OGE in on-campus forums and committees as assigned by the Assistant Director of Operations and Administration and the Director of Global Education.
- Participates in relevant professional development opportunities with the goal of developing new skills and knowledge which will help the office achieve its goals and objectives.
- Bachelor's degree - preference for Master's degree
- 1 to 3 years of experience in higher education, education abroad, or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in communications and/or marketing and promotions preferred
- Experience in database management and systems including Microsoft Excel
- Previous experience with Terra Dotta software and website management preferred
- Excellent organizational, written, and oral communications skills
- Experience studying, working and/or living abroad
- Availability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.