Cyber Security Trainee - 1555
The MIL Corporation seeks a Cyber Security Trainee to support a Federal Government client at our Lexington Park, MD location. The Cyber Security Trainee will have the opportunity to learn how to solve challenging problems in the areas of defensive computer security.
• Support the defense of our nation's critical infrastructure
• Support our nation's defense forces and emergency responders
• Advance the capabilities of our government, military, and private sector clients
• A passion for solving challenging problems and advancing the state of knowledge and technology
• Interest in learning one or more programming languages, such as C, C++, Python, Java, and various other shell and scripting languages
• Interest in learning about networking and network protocols
• Interest in learning about systems administration on one or more operating systems
• Interest in learning software version control
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A student who is pursuing a BS in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical discipline
• Knowledge of Cyber Security basics
• One year of hands on experience using Linux or other Unix operating systems
All applicants for this position must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance; please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects.
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #CJP