The Kiplinger Washington Editors, Inc., seeks an experienced tax writer and editor to deliver engaging, actionable tax guidance and forecasts to the Kiplinger audience in digital and print formats. This editor will contribute to the Kiplinger Tax Letter and Kiplinger.com on a regular basis, and will help launch a variety of ancillary products and services. Fast-paced, this new position at Kiplinger will require a deep understanding of the tax code and tax-planning, knowledge of tax-filing strategies and tactics for both businesses and individual taxpayers, and strong organizational and editing skills and the ability to meet daily deadlines. At Kiplinger, we start with the expectation that our readers will act on our advice, and benefit from doing so.
- Create, manage, and edit a yearlong schedule of tax content for Kiplinger.com, including insightful and practical articles, slideshows, quizzes, and exclusive tools
- Report and write exclusive news and insights for the tax professionals and affluent DIY taxpayers who subscribe to the Kiplinger Tax Letter; manage the production process of the print Tax Letter as needed
- Cultivate and manage a stable of knowledgeable outside authors and writers to produce a steady flow of new tax content
- Bring lucrative new spinoff products to life in collaboration with fellow editors and marketing colleagues.
- Collaborate with social media and business development colleagues to expand our digital reach and find new opportunities for growth
Desired Experience and Skill Sets:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a fast-paced editorial environment, ideally working across both print and digital properties.
- Keen understanding of federal and state tax laws, including the legislative process. In addition, the ability to analyze the impact of tax legislation, court decisions, and IRS rulings and regulations, and to anticipate and spot trends
- Knowledge of broader personal finance concepts and how tax strategy integrates with those concepts
- Ability to write with clarity about complex tax matters, and to distill complicated issues to their essence
- Comfortable with learning and using unique writing styles that can vary with publication or audience
- A high comfort level with content management systems
- Ability to think qualitatively and strategically
- Understanding and embrace of social media and other evolving digital platforms
- Passionate commitment to quality, timeliness, and accuracy
- JD required, although a CPA will be considered in lieu of a JD. LLM (in taxation) desired
Send cover letter and resume to: HR@kiplinger.com
Equal Opportunity Employer