Education Support Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : $45,000 to $50,000
Web Announcement :
Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions
The George Mason University Schar School of Policy and Government invites applications for an Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions. The Schar School is located on the Arlington and Fairfax campuses of George Mason University and serves 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students, with approximately 16,000 alumni. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilites: This position is a key member of the admissions team and is responsible for developing and supporting a variety of recruitment initiatives and yield activities for Schar School graduate programs. The Assistant Director works collaboratively with all graduate admissions colleagues within the School to achieve enrollment goals and enhance the Schoolâ€™s reputation as a preeminent institution for policy, government, and international affairs in the Washington, D.C. region and beyond. This position is located on the Arlington campus of George Mason University and reports to the Schar Schoolâ€™s Director of Graduate Admissions.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Represent the Schar School at regional and national recruiting events.
- Plan and execute on-campus recruiting events in Arlington and Fairfax.
- Assist in the development of digital and printed content as well as presentations for small and large groups.
- Manage and support student and alumni admissions volunteers.
- Educate prospective students on the full-range of graduate degree and certificate programs offered by the Schar School, explore studentsâ€™ educational and professional goals, and advise prospective students on the application process.
- Review masterâ€™s applications and recommend admissions decisions.
- Manage inquiry and applicant records in university databases and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree, or a combination of education and experience;
- Must be able to travel throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia for recruitment events and/or be eligible to use a state vehicle upon hire;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Self-starter and ability to work independently to complete projects. Preferred Qualifications:
- Masterâ€™s degree in higher education, business, or the social sciences;
- Experience with volunteer recruitment and management;
- Experience in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems;
- Experience with data analysis.
- Some professional experience in higher education admissions (undergraduate and/or graduate) or in a related field (e.g., university student services, human resources/staffing, employment recruiting).
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :