Senior Principal Product Manager, Aero
- Full Time
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Successfully define, develop, and manage connectivity products and services for the commercial aero market to support Intelsat's business in the aeronautical market sector. As the product owner, responsible and accountable for the product from ideation thru end-of-life, including go-to-market and profitability, work with all stakeholders, including program management, marketing, sales, finance, engineering, and management teams. Responsible for the product definition, business case, and lifecycle management. Recognizes market opportunity, aligns product requirements to market value and anticipated needs. Insures that product definition and development is based on sound practice and principles, leverages company strengths, and meets financial targets. Subject matter expert, familiar with existing and emerging industry and market trends. Clearly articulates the product value, business vision, and Intelsat position to internal and external audiences.
- Develop and execute Intelsat's product and service plans and roadmaps across Aeronautical services market segments and verticals, specifically the Commercial Aeronautical market, in alignment with and support of the Mobility Business Unit strategy. Specifically, for each product and service, plans and execution much include: Proper positioning in the target markets, based on market analysis and a sound business case A competitive pricing strategy in coordination with Intelsat's Yield Management and finance teams A distribution strategy built in coordination with Intelsat's global sales management A marketing plan built in coordination with Intelsat's marketing organization, including compelling value propositions, presentations, sales tools and training
- Drive new product launches with product marketing teams, and thru channel partners and provide ongoing support to the sales teams to achieve product success
- Work with strategic partners to identify market opportunities and drive product initiatives to grow revenue.
- Establish close working relationship with the Intelsat sales team, working hand-in-hand with account management on an ongoing basis
- Regularly review the competitive landscape comparing pricing, features, and overall design and update product plans as required to remain differentiated and competitive.
- Evaluate and recommend Partnership expansion initiatives that would enhance Intelsat's position in the future market space.
- Be a subject matter expert (SME) and grow working relationships with cross-functional teams throughout the company.
- Oversee regular and specialized research and analysis for proposed new products and services.
- Collaborate with operations in the development of Revenue, CapEx, & OpEx budgets for the product/service line.
- Build a reputation as a senior business leader by demonstrating product expertise, representing Intelsat as a speaker at industry conferences, and publishing white papers.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Needed for Role:
- Undergraduate Business degree from an accredited university (An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of the stated minimum education and experience requirements).
- Ten (10) or more years of relevant experience in product management.
- Understanding of product management principles, methodologies, and good practice.
- Knowledge of the Aeronautical industry highly desired
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% as needed, to meet business demands.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office software suite (MS Excel, Access, Word and Outlook).
- Effective written and oral English language communication skills, including polished presentation skills.
- Excellent organization skills, capability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and deliver accurate and quality work.
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.