Business Operations Coordinator, Academic Conferences and Continuing Legal Education (ACCLE) - Geor
Business Operations Coordinator, Academic Conferences and Continuing Legal Education (ACCLE) - Georgetown University Law Center
Georgetown Law's Department of Academic Conferences and Continuing Legal Education (ACCLE) provides high quality educational opportunities for lawyers and law-related professionals to fulfill their life-long learning needs.
The Business Operations Coordinator is responsible for basic accounting activities related to the ACCLE's cost centers to ensure that revenue is collected in a timely fashion and expenditures occur within specified budgetary and policy boundaries. Reporting to the Business Operations Manager, the Coordinator has duties that include but are not limited to:
Financial and Operations Support
- Administers accounts payable requests via GMS Financial and other official University A/P pipelines - including vendor payments via check, vendor payments via credit card, wire and electronic funds transfers, travel reimbursements, and internal departmental transfers via journal voucher.
- Manages accounts receivables and monthly invoicing of sponsors, exhibitors, patrons, and registrants; and works collaboratively with Marketing Manager, Marketing & Customer Service Assistant, and Business Operations Manager to ensure timely collection of revenue.
- Ensures that all GMS worktags are accurate and correct (revenue and expense categories coding of all processed A/P and A/R).
- Processes the check, entering the check information/ deposits in TouchNet only.
- Processes credit card payments via terminal/merchant account.
- Creates journal vouchers and submits in GMS.
- Reconciles all A/P and A/R against the ACCLE's general ledger accounts.
- Maintains the appropriate audit trail and supporting documentation (hard copy, digital filing) for BAR reconciliation purposes.
- Reviews/reconciles ProCard activity and applies the appropriate worktags on a monthly basis per internal business process.
- Provides continued maintenance of Cvent platform as related to revenue collection based on revenue stream: event registration, sponsorship, and bonus-on-demand.
- Ensures successful transition from Pivotal CRM to event or other future CRM related to merchant accounts activity by maintaining accurate records on both platforms.
- Fulfills the role of PCI DSS Authorized User for ACCLE and for manages credit card processing and PCI compliance.
- Assists the Business Operations Manager in tracking and monitoring general Financial Affairs policies and procedures which impact the department.
Office Management and Operations
- Orders supplies, monitors supply inventory, and maintains the department's office equipment, working with the Business Operations Manager to adhere to budgetary constraints when ordering supplies and overseeing supply equipment, usage, and inventory.
- Consults with the Marketing Manager and program planning teams to order department branded items to be distributed to program chairs, advisory board members, speakers, sponsors, and team members as appropriate.
- Updates the department's shared Google calendar and responds to conference room reservation requests from other departments or professors.
- Maintains and updates the general office manual, in consultation with the Business Operations Manager and the Executive Director.
- Provides general administrative support to the ACCLE's Executive Director as needed.
- Coordinates day-to-day office procedures to ensure the office is running smoothly and is presentable for team members and visitors.
- Assists with the onboarding of new employees, work-study students, and temporary employees.
- Serves as representative to Facilities and Public Safety Departments in acquiring keys, ensuring that offices are properly secured and maintained, and alerting building engineers of maintenance issues.
- Maintains the hardware and software inventory.
- Staffs Continuing Legal Education (CLE) programs, academic conferences, and other events as needed.
- Acts as a back -up to the Marketing & Customer Service Assistant as needed.
- Assists with tasks associated with online CLE programs.
- Participates in department strategic planning.
- Assists other team members as needed upon the ED's request.
- Assists with other special projects.
- Maintains an operations manual of all processes and procedures for the position.
- High school diploma or certified equivalency - Bachelor's degree preferred or relevant commensurate experience
- Preference for 2 years in a professional setting
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.