Attorneys General Education Program Director- Law and Economics Center
7 days left
- Full Time
Job Category : Admin or Professional Faculty
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Attorneys General Education Program Director
The Law & Economics Center of the George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School is a national center for research and education that focuses on the timely and relevant economic analysis of legal and public policy issues. To fulfill its education mission, the LEC provides dynamic training programs in law and economics to sophisticated audiences including judges, academics, lawyers, government authorities and staff members, and state attorneys general and their senior staff. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The LEC has an opening for an Attorneys General Education Program Director
This position will lead activities related to the LECs Attorneys General Education Program (AGEP) and its Congressional Civil Justice Academy (Academy).
- Oversight of Day-to-Day operations and staff of the LECs AGEP and Academy programs
- Program development and Speaker/Faculty Recruitment
- On-site program and staff management
- Lead active marketing and recruitment campaigns to bring attendees to programs
- Develop and maintain relationships with a broad base of constituents
- Attend outside conferences, meetings, and other gatherings for these constituents
- Identify and recruit advisory board members
- Assist in development of budgets and provide tracking and reporting of expenditures
- Support LEC development efforts for funding educational initiatives Required Qualifications:
- A JD or PhD in economics or government is required. Applicants should demonstrate a keen understanding of the legal and public policy arenas, and have an appreciation for the powers and duties of state attorneys general, regulatory officials, and judges.
- Expertise in emerging civil justice issues and some familiarity with law and economics as a field of study is particularly valuable.
- This position requires excellent organizational and management skills, including the ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities effectively; a professional demeanor and ability to interact with all levels of legal, academic, and governmental officials; and excellent communication skills, including the ability to speak in front of audiences, large or small.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number FA50Ez at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three work-related professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :