School of Nursing - Term Instructor
Job Category : Instructional or Research Faculty
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
School of Nursing - Term Clinical Instructor: Medical-Surgical/Maternal-Infant Health
George Mason University, College of Health and Human Services, School of Nursing (SoN) invites applications for a full-time, 9-month Term Clinical Instructor faculty position with responsibilities for teaching clinical practicums in the undergraduate (BSN) program. This faculty position is designed to increase the clinical expertise in the BSN program. We seek talented and innovative clinical experts who are actively engaged in clinical and evidence-based practice. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to: Teaching:
- Creates an atmosphere of engagement in student learning that reflects the strategic goals of the university.
- Teaches assigned courses in accordance with faculty expectations as outlined in the workload policy and GMU faculty handbook.
- Instructs and supervises clinical practicum experiences in area healthcare agencies on medical-surgical and maternal-infant health units.
- Proficiently uses online technology and resources to provide informed feedback and critique in a thoughtful, well-written and timely manner.
- Provides evaluation of student practicum experiences. Scholarship:
- Stays current with clinical practice and evidence that support content area expertise, professional growth, and professional certification and licensure requirements. Service:
- Serves on School of Nursing committees to promote the development and growth of the institution.
- Actively participates in professional associations.
- Advises students on academic, professional, and/or personal issues while providing referrals when appropriate. Required Qualifications
- A current, unencumbered Virginia Registered Nurse license.
- An earned Masters degree (MSN) in nursing.
- A minimum of three years of recent hospital-based clinical experience in maternal-infant health and medical-surgical units. Preferred Qualifications
- Two years of clinical teaching experience in an academic setting.
Salary commensurate on experience and qualifications.
Reports to: Assistant Dean, BSN Programs, School of Nursing, College of Health and Human Services
Collaborates with: SoN faculty, community and agency partners.
Applications are to be submitted electronically for position F6607Z at http://hr.gmu.edu. All candidates must apply online and include (1) letter of application (2) current curriculum vitae and (3) three references. Review of applications will begin July 18th but the position will remain open until filled.
George Mason University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. We are especially interested in receiving applications from female candidates and/or individuals with diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :