Is this position exempt from overtime pay?
Administrator for the Procurement Card Program. Trains procurement card users and monitors compliance with purchasing and p card procedures. Prepares procurement card reports as required. Gathers spend data and conducts analyses as requested by the Supervisor of Purchasing. Assists other buyers in purchasing materials, supplies, equipment and services under $25,000 for the Board of Education; and/or special project assignments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
1. Planning, coordinating, and controlling the procurement card program for the school system.
2. Conducts extensive audits of the procurement card program to ensure the integrity of the program and to guard against fraud.
3. Conducts work with absolute regard for ethics, integrity, and confidentiality
4. Trains and assists all procurement card holders with daily tasks and compliance with procedures.
5. Edits requisitions and purchase orders.
6. Interviews vendors and their representatives.
7. Serves in an advisory capacity to assist departments of the Board of Education in obtaining proper specifications, quotations, delivery terms, and cost handling.
8. Assists buyers in analyzing bidders' financial information, bid prices, and financial proposals.
9. Makes adjustments with vendors involving replacement of materials not conforming to specifications and cancellation of orders, and insures that proper credit is given to the Board of Education.
10. Handles special projects, which may include gathering statistics and reporting on same; and database management control.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made on request to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Graduation from a two-year community or junior college program preferably in business administration, accounting, or related field OR twenty four semester credit hours at an accredited college preferably in business administration OR any equivalent combination of education and experience deemed sufficient to prepare the applicant to successfully perform the duties of the position.
· Two years' experience in administering a procurement card program OR an equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities deemed sufficient to prepare the applicant to successfully perform the duties of the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Effective oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively work and communicate with diverse populations.
· Demonstrated proficiency with business technology applications (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite -Word, Excel, Outlook, and/or Power Point preferred). Mainframe ADVANTAGE systems knowledge desirable.
· Satisfactory score on any test required.
· Professional certification with NAPM or similar organization preferred.
Career Ladder Requirements
· As required by the duties and responsibilities of the job.