Automotive Technology Faculty F/T
6 days left
- Full Time
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Job TitleAutomotive Technology Faculty F/T
Job Description SummaryMontgomery College, Rockville Campus, has a need for a full-time, Automotive Technology faculty member to start in August 2018 for the fall semester. The Automotive Technology program is accredited by The National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) and meets the standards of quality for all eight of the automotive areas. In addition to the Degree and Certificate options the Automotive Technology program also serves the local automotive industry by facilitating a variety of non-credit Workforce Development and Continuing Education classes including technical updates, ASE test preparation, Maryland State Inspection preparation, contracted training for individual service providers, and other topics. The successful candidate will be committed to teaching in a multi-cultural, two-year environment, and welcome the opportunity to work with students with diverse learning abilities.
The individual selected for this position will also serve in a leadership role as the Automotive Technology Program Coordinator. The coordinator will teach a reduced schedule to allow for interaction with the local automotive industry and the development of strong relationships and expanded training programs.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated individual who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner, and who will engage the local automotive industry in meeting local workforce needs.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., Montgomery College is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.Job Description
Faculty duties include but are not limited to:
- Teach a variety automotive technology across the eight NATEF approved areas
- Teach a minimum of 30 semester hours or equivalent per academic year
- Teach a varied schedule of courses that may include day, night, early morning, weekend and/or accelerated sections, online. Opportunities may exist for teaching summer classes
- Engage students in their learning through active collaborative learning approaches
- Meet with students outside of class to assist them with being successful college students
- Incorporate the use of educational enterprise platform such as Blackboard and other relevant technology into instruction, including inexpensive or no-cost resources in the development and delivery of instruction
- Advise students about program curriculum, transfer issues and careers in the automotive industry.
- Serve on, or lead, department, discipline, campus and college committees
- Maintain an active program of professional development and participate in professional organizations and activities
Program Coordinator duties include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the leader and representative for the Automotive Technology program
- Ensure compliance with all requirement and standards to maintain NATEF accreditation
- Schedule meetings and coordinate the activities of the Automotive Technology Advisory Board
- Develop strong partnerships with the local automotive industry
- Develop training and other activities designed to meet the specific needs of the local automotive industry in general as well as those of individual automotive service providers
- Coordinate the creation of the credit and non-credit class schedules each semester
- Represent the Automotive Technology program outside the college at automotive industry events and meetings, career and education fairs, and public school activities
This position is part of a collective bargaining unit and requires payment of dues or a service fee.
- Must have current ASE Certifications for G1-Maintenance and Light Repair, A1-Engine Repair, and A6-Automotive Electrical as well as the appropriate ASE certifications for any teaching assignment in the automotive program
- Evidence of at least 5 years of work experience in the automotive industry.
- Ability to integrate technology and classroom-related computer software into course delivery
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
- ASE Master Certification
- Technical education teaching experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Experience supporting students with varying level of preparedness for college-level work.
- Demonstration of student engagement strategies that help students succeed in the course.
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Experience leading academic initiatives
- Evidence of strong industry engagement
- At least 3 years of experience in a leadership role for a college automotive technology program
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment
- Online applications must be received by August 3, 2018
- For consideration, you must:
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.Closing DateFriday, August 3, 2018
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: email@example.com
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.