Parent Engagement Coordinator
The Parent Engagement Coordinator is responsible for systemic integration of family engagement through the training and oversight of ACPS' division-wide and school-based parent liaisons. The position entails leadership and coordination of ACPS parent liaisons to support parental engagement and establish systemic family engagement programming.
The Parent Engagement Specialist reports to the FACE Center Manager.
Education: Bachelor's degree in education or social sciences related field required. Master's Degree preferred.
Certificates & Licenses: Valid Driver's License required.
- Minimum of three years of experience leading/supervising team members.
- Experience designing family engagement programs and the development of strong relationships with schools, community organizations and community stakeholders.
- Experience in the coordination, coaching, mentoring and supervision of a diverse team.
- Advance knowledge of electronic mail and calendars, the Windows environment, including Microsoft Office, Google docs and Adobe.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to advance the overall goals and objectives of the Office of School, Business and Community Partnerships and FACE Department Strategic Work Plans.
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully interact with diverse families.
- Must be able to adjust to a flexible early morning and evening work schedule.
- Must be a detail-oriented self-starter with a demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Knowledge of Department of Education Family Engagement Dual-Capacity Framework.
- Must have the ability to travel daily to schools and/or community sites as needed.
Languages: Spanish speaking preferred (fluent)
- Design and facilitate Parent Liaison professional learning opportunities that include: professionalism, ethics, integrity, family engagement and effective communication.
- Coordinate and design family engagement programs/activities with Parent Liaisons and administrators to help schools engage families more effectively to support student learning at home.
- Supervise and assist in the evaluation of the school-based and district-wide parent liaisons.
- Identify, develop and coordinate training needs for liaisons or school staff to understand and know community resources, policies, regulations and procedures.
- Coordinate and facilitate Parent Liaison monthly meetings.
- Perform regular site visits and provide on-site training to Parent Liaisons.
- Assist with summer programing including back to school supply drive and calendar development.
- Support the development and updates to the ACPS Parent Liaison Procedural Guide
- Responsible for on-boarding of new Parent Liaisons and interns.
- Monitor Parent Liaisons Volunteer Program in Schools. (Including set up and training).
- Coordinate School Based FACE Workshops.
- Ensure data collection for FACE workshop and Parent Liaison activities (outreach efforts, workshop participation and surveys).
- Assists FACE Manager to assess and evaluate effectiveness of the Parent Involvement efforts in meeting established goals and objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.