Event Marketing Manager
Responsible for development and implementation of the marketing strategy for the Friends of NRA program, Youth Education Summit and national Foundation events. Management of event support materials program and marketing for NRA Field staff. Knowledge of and support for the mission of the National Rifle Association.
1. Develop a strategic marketing communications plan, within divisional guidelines, to advertise, promote and increase exposure for the Friends of NRA program, NRA Youth Education Summit and NRA Foundation Grants.
2. Develop, design and produce promotional and support materials, within divisional guidelines, for the Friends of NRA fundraising program. Interface with merchandise and printing vendors for ordering all support collateral for Friends of NRA events and National Foundation events within divisional guidelines. Negotiate best prices to fit department budget and ensure all items are shipped on a timely basis.
3. Manage all marketing, communications and promotional needs for 52 field representatives and 1,150 Friends of NRA events. Coordinate with Merchandise Manager in developing and implementing joint marketing/promotion ventures for Friends of NRA merchandise.
4. Manage and oversee responsibilities of marketing staff, ensuring marketing staff accurately complete job responsibilities and additional tasks within division guidelines. Provide proper training and leadership to coordinators revising job descriptions when necessary.
5. Manage and oversee, within divisional guidelines, all editorial, production and design pertaining to Traditions Magazine, including content meetings, methods of increasing circulation and readership, and editing of articles on a quarterly basis.
6. Oversee management, within divisional guidelines, of Friends of NRA webpage content, maintaining a design and message consistent with the Friends of NRA brand. Schedule sponsorship posts on the Friends of NRA Facebook page. Cross-pollinate marketing strategies with the NRA Foundation and Advancement.
7. Develop, in collaboration with Special Projects Manager, national event and Youth Education Summit promotion, marketing, advertising and graphic design support to promote and generate exposure for all national events, within departmental guidelines.
8. Manage, within divisional guidelines, Friends of NRA program exposure across all social media platforms to grow the brand through Facebook and the NRA Blog. Enhance branding by writing monthly press releases and securing editorial content to produce 6-8 monthly blogs for the NRA blog and the Friends of NRA eNewsletter.
10. In collaboration with the Director of Volunteer Fundraising, refine and implement new marketing strategies to increase value in sponsorships for current and future vendors ensuring that contracted marketing requirements are met in an accurate and timely manner.
11. Work with other Friends of NRA managers to ensure the Friends of NRA Tracker performance and reporting standards stay in line with growth goals by assisting with analysis of overall system suggesting alterations and adjustments as needed.
12. Manage the Volunteer of the Year program for the Friends of NRA volunteer structure including apparel, recognition and appreciation items. Create new and creative methods for recognizing and motivating volunteers within set guidelines and budget resources.
13. Assist, within divisional guidelines, with preparation and implementation of national Youth Education Summit events.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
High visibility with NRA staff, Friends of NRA volunteers and vendors within the industry and media. Position functions in a fast paced deadline oriented work environment with varied priorities and responsibilities. National travel required. Weekend work and additional hours are necessary with busy season or travel. Ability to lift and carry 25-30 lbs. occasionally required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor degree in Marketing, Public Relations or Business required. Experience in marketing and public relations in a business or association environment required. An understanding of and experience with email marketing, direct mail, special event coordination and customer service preferred. Previous supervisory experience required. Media relations experience a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
Motivated self-starter with ability to work independently essential. Excellent oral and written communications skills required. Proven ability to manage multiple projects with set deadlines essential. Attention to detail with a sense of creativity essential. Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills required. Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite [Photoshop, InDesign], Web design and HTML required. Purchasing experience preferred.
To apply, please send resume with cover letter and salary expectations (REQUIRED) to email@example.com. The NRA is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer (minority/women/disabled). Please visit careers.nra.org to learn more about working for us.