Auto Service Advisor/Service Writer
Capitol Cadillac is proud to represent the Cadillac, Buick and GMC franchises as well as Renegade RV’s, United and inTech Trailers.
Job Purpose of Service Advisor/Service Writer:
Initiates automotive services and repairs by ascertaining performance problems and services requested; verifying warranty and service contract coverage; developing estimates; writing repair orders; maintaining customer rapport and records.
Responsibilities of Service Advisor/Service Writer:
* Ascertains automotive problems and services by listening to customer's description of symptoms; clarifying description of problems; conducting inspections; taking test drives; checking vehicle maintenance records; examining service schedules.
* Verifies warranty and service contract coverage by examining records and papers; explaining provisions and exclusions.
* Develops estimates by costing materials, supplies, and labor; calculating customer's payment, including deductibles.
* Prepares repair orders (RO) by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required; obtaining approval signatures; entering RO into service database system.
* Maintains customer rapport by explaining estimates and expected return of vehicle; obtaining customer's approval of estimates; obtaining and providing contact telephone numbers; answering questions and concerns and arranging towing if necessary.
* Maintains automotive records by recording problems and corrective actions planned.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading manufacturers' publications.
* Maintain above average CSI and exhibit ability to handle high volume.
* Familiarity with ADP system and General Motors experience is a plus.
Skills/Qualifications of Service Advisor/Service Writer:
Problem Solving, Reporting Research Results, Quality Focus, Productivity, Estimating, Product Knowledge, Customer Service, Safety Management, Computer Skills
Successful background check and pre-employment drug screening required. Benefits include vacation/sick days, health, dental and 401k.