General Administration Supervisor I/Coordinator I
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
The George Mason University Office of Human Resources and Payroll invites qualified applicants to apply for an Office Manager vacancy. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Maintains office operations through effective space management, supply ordering, purchasing, and facilities work orders plus any other issues that arise. This includes:
- Orders supplies and equipment;
- Physical office facility and computer management;
- HR and Payroll check depositor and record keeper, PCard purchaser, eVA bill reviewer and submitter, eVA Finance Liaison (work with FAST), card access coordinator, inventory coordinator, mail services point of contact;
- Personnel Action submitter for part-time HR and Payroll departmental hires;
- Ensures that federal and state employment posters are in compliance;
- Assists with monthly budget reconciliation; and
- Maintains conference roomâ€™s schedule.
- Thorough maintenance of personnel records, including positions, permanent and non-permanent personnel files and I-9s from creation through active life to final preservation and/or disposition;
- Manages archiving, purging, and retrieval of files, working with University Records Manager; and
- Provides supervision and training to student workers.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrated experience in a professional setting as an office manager;
- Demonstrates a common knowledge or understanding of cultural differences;
- Must possess demonstrated excellent communication, collaboration and customer service skills;
- Ability to work independently with little supervision;
- Ability to apply a common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions;
- Ability to develop strategic plans and procedures for efficient office operations; and
- Exhibit strong organizational skills.
- Direct responsibility maintaining a complex, large records room;
- Demonstrated experience in higher education; and
- Demonstrated HR knowledge.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply to position 01292z at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date : 2018-07-13