Education Support Specialist II
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Scheduler, School of Business
The George Mason University, School of Business is looking for an energetic, organized and detail oriented Scheduler to support the Enrollment Planning Manager in the School of Business. This is a 25 hour per week part-time classified staff position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The Scheduler position has responsibilities in the following areas:
Scheduling Support which includes:
- Supporting the Enrollment Planning Manager in setting up spring, summer and fall semester schedules on multiple campuses for undergraduate programs, coordinating with multiple area chairs, course coordinators, program directors and registrars office;
- Supporting the Enrollment Planning Manager in creating and distributing drafts, making revisions, adjusting section numbers based on student demand and updating the Registrar from beginning of cycle to the end of registration;
- Ensuring the School of Business schedule complies with the university scheduling standards;
- Negotiating with scheduling office to resolve conflicts and special situations regarding room/lab assignments;
- Managing the scheduling of classes for all programs in School of Business priority classrooms;
- Support the Enrollment Planning Manager by managing waitlists; add/delete controls, adjusting limits, recommending cancellations due to low enrollment, distributing enrollment over multiple sections, and managing limits to anticipate incoming student;
- Distributing current enrollments and schedules via listserv to area chairs, coordinators, support staff, directors and deans throughout the registration period;
- Adding faculty assignments in Banner for all sections on a rolling basis as they are assigned for each semester and summer session; and
- Monitoring requests for Ad-hoc room requests and entering these in 25Live for make-up classes and exams. Student Services Support which includes:
- Conducting student prerequisite checks, as necessary, to support the Enrollment Planning Manager and other Undergraduate Programs staff, and promptly notifying students if they are not meeting stated course prerequisites;
- Monitoring override requests in Salesforce database;
- Issuing overrides in Banner and notify students when override has been issued; and
- Assisting with non-degree and international exchange student overrides. Other Duties:
- Attending all faculty meetings and undergraduate meetings, as necessary; and
- Executing special projects and initiatives as assigned that support the strategic mission of the school. Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Excellent computer skills with working knowledge of all applications in Microsoft Office, database expertise, and e-mail and network applications;
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with others to achieve results; and
- Good citizenship and the ability to work well with colleagues. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working in a higher education environment;
- Excellent communication, analytical, strategic thinking and organizational skills; and
- Proactive problem solving skills, attention to detail, ability to motivate, and ability to learn new tasks quickly.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02820z at; by June 28, 2018; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and list of professional references. We will contact you directly if we require additional materials. Review of applications will begin on June 29, 2018 and continue until the position is filled.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :