Sr. Associate - Data Analytics and Reporting - IT
Looking for a team-based culture and an exciting opportunity with a team of professionals?
Come join the American Petroleum Institute and work for one of the largest and most influential trade associations in the US, you will enjoy working as a team member for the only national trade association that represents all aspects of America’s oil and natural gas industry.
As our Senior Associate – Applications & Analytics, you will serve as the champion and technical guide for delivering IT’s application reporting and analysis requirements, helping drive long term strategic direction, design requirements, features, functionality, and necessary enhancements. You will essentially serve as a steward of the information hierarchy (i.e., transforming data into information, which will enable insights to provide greater knowledge for running the key business areas in API). Accordingly, you will also serve as a business partner between API departments and IT and will take a leadership role within the IT department to identify trends, opportunities, risks and present data-driven insights. You will have the opportunity to play the critical role of ensuring that developers have adequate clarification and support on all business and functional requirements and specifications related to applications used by API business areas.
Your major responsibilities:
- Reporting and Analysis Lead - Work closely with project managers, development teams and others to define and deliver reporting and analysis requirements. Serve as a liaison between internal business customers and IT on both strategic and tactical projects building a close working relationship with all partners; participate in data analysis and requirements gathering sessions.
- Data Expert - Knowledge-keeper of historic data sources, file management systems and databases at API. Readily adept at working with disparate data sources to develop effective reporting solutions. Organize and promote efficient reporting and data analysis solutions; assist users to retrieve data from systems; provide technical support for the reporting and data analysis needs of the API enterprise.
- Steward of Information Hierarchy - Serve as API’s lead in the utilization of Business Intelligences (BI) tools and methodologies; support an evolving BI platform. Knows the inventory of existing reports and data warehouse solutions. Identify and exploit opportunities for enhanced BI, which enable insights to provide greater knowledge for running the API business areas where applicable (i.e. how to transform data requests into reporting that provides meaningful information for all levels of end users). Billing and Invoicing – Responsible for managing and providing technical support and assistance for annual billing for core API product and services. Work closely with Finance and API business units to provide good quality invoicing for API clients. Identify any issues with data that may affect billing and determined the proper course of action. Perform necessary testing, document and analyze systems for ongoing performance improvements at user and system levels.
Your extended responsibilities:
- Coordinate and align information systems with user objectives; work closely with system users to ensure information system strategies are aligned with API’s IT department.
- Work closely with GIS staff to analyze reporting needs and assist API’s IT and Financial Operations departments with establishing an enterprise-level data warehouse.
- Provide analysis services for business data needs and makes recommendations for viable solutions.
- Support existing products and services by acting as an agent for problem and operational issue resolution.
- Develop various data reports, budget forecasts and strategic information to be used in management decisions such as scorecards, dashboards and complex reports for business units to measure growth, retention, profitability, etc.
- Design, develop, and maintain ad hoc reporting as needed using SSRS, Business Objects, Power BI, BI360, or other reporting applications. For more complicated reports, partner with select vendors to produce desired work product(s).
- Perform and maintain data extracts and imports.
- Address issues of data integrity/migration (validation, clean-up and mapping).
- Troubleshoot data issues, validate result sets, recommend and implement process improvements.
- Test, troubleshoot and work to resolve issues with software/system functionality.
- Perform technical adjustments and install technical updates to systems.
- Audit, modify, and amend data in systems; monitor and report on system usage.
- Coordinate with other API departments/groups and effectively represent IT on issues involving information management/technology and financial information processing.
You will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technically-oriented or business discipline.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in successful implementation of information technology within a business environment.
- Ability to effectively translate user requests in to reporting specifications, including document requirements, develop functional and technical specifications and conduct user training to ensure successful delivery and usage of reporting solutions.
- Facility with Microsoft Visual Studio to create and deploy SSRS reports SSIS packages and SSAS cubes,
- Facility with Microsoft Power BI to create and deploy Power BI reports and dashboards
- Strong ability in Microsoft Office with emphasis on advanced Excel and Access skills
- Ability to automate Excel reports using SQL, integration and data warehousing tools
- Information management/analysis expertise, extensive programming skills and website development.
- Strong understanding of business processes and customer service issues.
- Ability to effectively manage simultaneous assignments with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication, writing and analytical skills.
- Association experience is a plus.
The American Petroleum Institute (API) is the only national trade association representing all facets of the oil and natural gas industry, which supports 10.3 million U.S. jobs and nearly 8 percent of the U.S. economy. API’s more than 625 members include large integrated companies, as well as exploration and production, refining, marketing, pipeline, and marine businesses, and service and supply firms. They provide most of the nation’s energy and are backed by a growing grassroots movement of more than 40 million Americans.
Although our focus is primarily domestic, in recent years our work has expanded to include a growing international dimension, and today API is recognized around the world for its broad range of programs. Learn more about API at www.api.org.
As an API team member, you will enjoy competitive wages, excellent benefits, a generous PTO plan with paid holidays and a great working atmosphere.
This job outline describes the typical accountabilities and requirements of the position and should not be construed as an all-encompassing description of every duty performed by or expected of the incumbent.
API is an EOE M/F/D/V.
© 2017, ADP LLC USA