Exhibit Services Representative
A key role on the show management team responsible for coordinating exhibitors’ participation in NRA produced shows. Serves as the primary contact for exhibitors and provides outstanding service using excellent communication and organizational skills.
1. Respond to exhibitor inquiries regarding display regulations, show service forms, exhibitor rules and regulations and other questions to assist in exhibitor’s show planning.
2. Manage the exhibitor and prospective exhibitor databases to maintain accurate and updated information including historical records, billing and logistical information.
3. Generate and process exhibitor contracts and manage booth space assignments on floor plans.
4. Manage the exhibitor payment process including invoicing and collection call scheduling in an accurate and timely manner. Follow-up on collections when necessary.
5. Ensure the maintenance of the booth point system for space selection process and maintain the wait list of prospective exhibitors in an accurate and timely manner.
6. Contribute to content and production of the exhibitor services manual in coordination with the general service contractor in a timely manner.
7. Oversee the printing and distribution of exhibitor badges and complimentary passes both preshow and onsite in an accurate and timely manner. Oversee the production of exhibitor listings for the show directory in an accurate and timely manner.
8. Staff Exhibitor Service counter on show site to assist exhibitors with their on-site ordering needs and provide assistance to ease their exhibiting experience.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
Communicates regularly with staff, department managers, vendors, show producers, show service contractors and NRA members. Position functions in a fast paced work environment with minimal direct supervision. Occasional local and national travel required. Occasional overtime Monday through Friday and weekend required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
College degree preferred plus one to three years experience coordinating or planning trade or consumer shows. Directly related experience may be substituted for college degree.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required. Demonstrated analytical skills required. Detailed oriented and highly organized with a proven ability to accurately maintain computer and hard copy files required. Requires strong multi-tasking skills, coupled with ability to work well under pressure and respond positively to deadlines. Demonstrated ability to work independently or as a member of a team essential. Proven ability to accomplish multiple tasks within established time lines required. Ability to interface effectively with all levels of staff required, as well as ability to interface professionally with vendors, show producers and show service contractors essential. Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Access required.
To apply, please send resume with cover letter and salary expectations (REQUIRED) to email@example.com. The NRA is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer (minority/women/disabled). Please visit careers.nra.org to learn more about working for us.