Contracts & Grants Director
2 days left
- Full Time
The Director will work cooperatively with program managers to support program implementation. The Director will serve as the main point of contact between AMIDEAST and client contract/grants officials and review and approve contracts and grants documents.
• Ensures legal compliance with USG and client regulations and requirements for all client agreements
• Conducts organizational assessment of contracts and grants requirements at AMIDEAST and present findings/recommendations to the SLT
• Recruits and hires C&G staff based on approved organizational plan
• Supervises and conducts performance evaluations of Contracts and Grants staff
• Provides leadership and guidance to staff on implementation of contracts and grants awarded to AMIDEAST
Contracts & Grants Agreement Management and Administration
• Develops and oversees standard terms and conditions for grant award letters, agreements and contracts.
• Responsible for writing and reviewing memoranda of understandings, teaming agreements, contracts, sub-agreements, and contracting officer approval letters
• Acts as the main point of contact with client contracting officers
• Negotiates contracts, sub-contracts and modifications, advises upper management of risk involved and takes the lead in disputes concerning contractual issues
• Sets up project account systems and tools to monitor compliance with agreement terms and conditions. Responsible for monitoring deliverables, cost estimates, allowable costs, and primary cost-sharing documentation.
• Establishes systems and maintains compliance to a variety of USG requirements including FFATA, DEC, SPOT and Anti-Terrorist Vetting
• Identifies project close-out requirements and manages their implementation.
• Maintains permanent files including successful proposals, all award documents and correspondence with contracts and grants officers that affect funding or other agreement terms and conditions
• Monitors sub-contractors/recipients for deliverables, invoices, compliance with regulations, as well as terms and conditions
• Advises AMIDEAST staff worldwide on matters related to preparation, administration and closeout of contracts and sub-awards
Policies and Operations
• Establishes and/or enhances operational policies and procedures for procurement and contracts/grants management, drafts templates for contracts & grants and creates and provides in-house training to staff on contractual and compliance topics
• Responsible for small business program by identifying small business firms and posting their capabilities on the intranet
• Remains current on changes within the industry through publications and continuing education, and maintains up to date resource library for staff to use
• Cooperates with Country Directors, COPs, and key HQ managers to support all aspects of the contracts & grants process and provides technical support
• Projects a qualified appearance and cooperative attitude, maintains high ethical standards of confidentiality in representing AMIDEAST to ensure a professional representation at all times
• Key member of the annual A-133 audit and program audit teams
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Law or International Development or other relevant field of study
• Minimum of 15 years relevant experience in federal and/or private grants/contracts management. Experience with federal government funded educational projects important, USAID and Department of State experience preferred.
• Demonstrated project management and organizational skills to set priorities, establish deadlines, and follow through in a timely manner, to organize files and records for easy access and tracking
• Expert knowledge of the organization’s mission and program areas
• Demonstrated experience in formulating and implementing policies and procedures
• Ability to understand/compare contract/grant data to develop and implement budgets, goals, and plans.
• Ability to compose reports, presentations, of memos or other written documents based on analysis of information, presented in an organized, logical and concise manner
• Demonstrated expertise with and knowledge of federal cost principles, administrative requirements, and other applicable rules and regulations regarding implementation of federal awards
• Detailed knowledge of OMB’s Uniform Guidance (2CFR200) and Circular A-133 as well as FAR and AIDAR. Knowledge of non- and for-profit organizational legal requirements, policies and procedures
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills for use in preparing information, clarifying situations, resolving problems, and for use in preparing a variety of correspondence and reports.
• Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
• Highly developed collaboration, management, and leadership skills.
• Strong logistical attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team with all levels of staff
• Demonstrated ability to supervise and motivate staff and delegate as needed to achieve objectives.
• Ability to identify and analyze complex accounting/contract/grant information or problems in an objective manner and derive logical conclusions to provide a sound basis for establishing priorities, selecting appropriate courses of action, and resolving conflicts
• Demonstrated experience in exercising discretion and judgment and in maintaining the security of confidential and sensitive information and materials
AMIDEAST is Equal Opportunity Employer /Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation