Manager of Group Plans
SAMBA, an Employee Benefit Association located in Rockville, Maryland has been serving federal employees, annuitants, and their families for over 70 years. The Association provides health, dental, life and disability insurance plans to our members.
SAMBA is seeking a full-time Manager of Group Plans to join our team. The Manager of the Group Plans Department has responsibility for the daily operations of SAMBA’s Group Plans that include: Dental and Vision, Term Life Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), and the enrollment/eligibility for the Federal Health Benefit Plan (FEHBP).
- Oversee Federal health plan enrollment and eligibility functions
- Manage enrollment, premium payment and reconciliation processes for all Plans - Dental and Vision, Personal Accident Insurance, Term Life Insurance, LTD
- Evaluate and determine eligibility for LTD applications/claims
- Update coverage documents and appropriate web content for all plans
- Lead customer service team responsible for responding to member inquiries
- Direct, mentor and train employees; provide feedback through periodic and annual performance reviews
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with other SAMBA department leaders, key Federal government contacts, and vendor representatives
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10+ years of relevant industry experience
- 5+ years of managerial experience
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and adept at using the Internet
- Project Management – Demonstrated ability to manage all aspects of a project from beginning to end
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work with other department leaders and outside vendors to brainstorm and resolve issues
SAMBA offers competitive pay, a 35-hour workweek, and company-paid medical insurance, life insurance, disability coverage as well as a defined benefit pension plan and 401(k) Plan. Salary is negotiable based on experience. Check out our website at: www.sambaplans.com.
To apply, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Manager of Group Plans” as the email subject. AAEOE