Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You MUST be a current PMF Finalist.
- Possess of Master's degree or J.D., or equivalent graduate degree.
- Possess a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree; OR
- Possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as using analytical techniques to assess issues related to management processes, systems, and support programs AND experience using qualitative and quantitative analysis techniques and problem solving skills in order to identify and define problems and develop workable solutions: OR
- A combination of education and specialized experience.
Combining Education and Experience: Education and experience may be combined to meet the above grade level requirements. To combine your education and experience, you must convert each to a percentage, and then add the percentages. The combined total of your percentage of education and experience must equal at least 100% in order to qualify. Additional information on qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standard Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review on OPM's website at US OPM Qualifications Standards.
- Bargaining unit position.
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Non-exempt.
- Enter into a written Participant Agreement that clearly identifies expectations, a general description of duties, evaluation procedures, work schedules and minimum eligibility requirements for continued employment.
- The duration of a Pathways appointment is a trial period.
- If this position has promotion potential that will be incorporated in your Development Plan and you may be noncompetitively promoted if you successfully complete the requirements and if recommended by management. However, promotion is neither implied or guaranteed.
- Successfully complete a background investigation if one has not been completed already. Failure to meet these requirements will be grounds for termination.
- You must have your salary sent to a financial institution of choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Upon successful completion of the PMF requirements, the agency may convert you to a career or career-conditional appointment. The following conditions are required for conversion:
- You must a minimum of 80 hours of formal, interative training per year;
- An Individual Development Plan (IDP) must be completed and approved within 45 days of appointment. A mentor must be assigned within 90 days of appointment.
- You must complete one developmental rotation of 4 to 6 months
- You must receive at least a fully successful performance rating on your end of the year performance appraisal.
- Federal Housing Authority debentures or certificate of claim;
- Financial interest in a project, including any single family dwelling or unit subsidized by HUD, or which is subject to a note or mortgage insured by HUD;
- Section 8 subsidies to or on behalf of a tenant of property you, your spouse, or a dependent child owns.
The following are exceptions to the Section 8 prohibition:
- The employee, or the employee's spouse or minor child acquires, without specific intent as through inheritance, a property in which a tenant receiving such a subsidy already resides;
- The tenant receiving such a subsidy lived in the rental property before the employee worked for the Department;
- The tenant receiving such a subsidy is a parent, child, grandchild, or sibling of the employee;
- The employee's, or the employee's spouse or minor child's, rental property has an incumbent tenant who has not previously received such a subsidy and becomes the beneficiary thereof; or
- The location of the rental property is in a Presidentially declared emergency or natural disaster area and the employee receives prior written approval from an agency designee.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
If you meet all requirements for the position, you may be referred to the hiring manager for consideration and may be called for an interview. Qualified applicants eligible for veteran's preference will be referred and considered ahead of non-veterans. Please see the How to Apply section for required veteran documentation.
We recommend that you preview the online questions for this announcement before you start the application process.
To preview questions please click here.