Performance Improvement Analyst
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be authorized for attending training and/or conferences.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a Schedule A, Schedule C, or non-career SES political appointee
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 2 investigation level)
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Complete a financial disclosure report to verify that no conflict, or an appearance of conflict, exists between your financial interest and this position.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-14 salary range starts at $114,590 per year.
If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
To qualify, you must possess one year of Specialized Experience equivalent to the GS-13 level in the Federal Service.
Specialized experience is experience leading or overseeing cross-sector/cross-organizational projects that drive improved effectiveness and efficiency of administrative functions such as human resources, finance, procurement, and/or information technology. This includes experience engaging subject matter experts and senior level management across multiple administrative functions, as well as experience in the use of project management best practices, i.e. PMBOK, to implement projects.
Bargaining Unit status: Not Applicable
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
Travel expenses associated with interviews maybeapproved. Determinations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
All the information you provide will be verified by a review of the work experience and/or education as shown on your application forms, by checking references and through other means, such as the interview process. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for not hiring you, or for firing you after you begin work.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will use a method called Category Rating to assess your application. Here’s how it will work:
- You will be scored on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative techniques required to analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of assigned programs; ability to identify problem areas, conduct research, select and evaluate technical data and to make decisions or recommendations for action based on consideration of all aspects of a problem.
- Knowledge of Federal laws and regulations, Executive Orders and agency directives and guidelines pertaining to designated program requirements and GSA compliance provisions, including the ability to assess any potential programs and to formulate recommendations regarding additional studies and alternative actions.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and written and oral communications required to explain and negotiate the requirements and implementation of government-wide program initiatives, and to present findings and conduct formal meetings in a concise and professional manner.
Your answers to the questions will be used to place you in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified.
- We will verify your answers to the questions in your resume. If your resume doesn’t support your answers, we may lower your score, which could place you in a lower category.
- Within each category, veterans will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
If you are eligible under Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan or GSA’s Career Transition Assistance Plan(ICTAP/CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Q - Nonsensitive Drug test required No