Diagnostic Medical Sonography FT Faculty
7 days left
- Full Time
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Job TitleDiagnostic Medical Sonography FT Faculty
Job Description SummaryMontgomery College, Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus, has need for a Full-time Faculty, #F02312, for the Diagnostic Medical Sonography Associate Degree Program in the Health Sciences Institute, beginning Fall 2018 semester. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated educator who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner, meeting program accreditation standards.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., Montgomery College is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.Job Description
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The faculty member will be responsible for organization, leadership, administration, continuous review, planning, development, and general effectiveness of didactic and/or clinical experiences and outcomes for students enrolled in the diagnostic medical sonography program.
- Responsibilities include didactic and laboratory instruction and assisting with the coordination of the program and/or clinical placements for students, providing direction and guidance of clinical instructors, laboratory and clinical instruction.
- Responsibility of area of concentration coordination for echocardiography requires a minimum of two years of full-time experience as a registered sonography in echocardiography (35 hours/week)
- Pursuit by this faculty to continue ongoing formal training designed to maintain and upgrade his/her professional, instructional, and leadership capabilities, as well as degree attainment.
- Faculty members serve on department, discipline campus and college committees as well as advise students.
- Associate's degree in diagnostic medical sonography or an area of health;
- ARDMS registered as RVT and/or RDCS and/or RDMS sonographer.
- Minimum of four years of experience in clinical scanning.
- Demonstrated proficiency in instructional methodology, curriculum design, and program planning.
- Computer and software skills including the use of Learning Management Systems (Blackboard preferred), MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), as well as other teaching methodologies, requiring the use of technology such as Smart Instructor Work Stations.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written communication and composition.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
- A Masters Degree from an accredited college or university is preferred, with a degree in diagnostic medical sonography or related health science field.
- Five or more years of experience as a faculty member in an accredited ultrasound program
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment
- Online applications must be received by July 2, 2018
- Evidence of ARDMS credentials must be submitted as a part of your application. Failure to do so will disqualify you from further consideration.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check
- Participation in a retirement plan
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.Closing DateMonday, July 2, 2018
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: email@example.com
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.