Communications and Engagement Specialist (1125-679)
This role is a non-supervisory role that serves as a Communications and Engagement Specialist supporting the Staff Engagement Office (SEO) within the Global Human Resources Division. The person will provide exceptional service in the planning, coordination and execution of Staff Engagement initiatives, including content coordination for USP internal events (such as all staff events and leadership meetings), and the delivery of internal communications. The person will partner with various leaders, staff and employee groups as needed to understand needs and deliver staff experiences that meet their needs and ensure quality, accuracy and integrity of work. The person will assist SEO Director and staff in managing SEO plans, reports and data, to help the office operate effectively, and to improve upon or build new processes for better service to SEO clients.Roles and Responsibilities
- Support Staff Engagement goals and initiatives.
- Build positive collaborative relationships among USP leaders, employee groups and staff to understand and effectively support USP.
- Prepare and maintain project plans, budget and progress reports, as well as archival records for SEO projects and initiatives.
- Provide planning and execution support for content coordination of all-hands and leadership meetings supported by SEO, to include calendaring, finalizing materials, and supporting presenter audio/visual and other needs.
- Prepare and load content and images for internal communications vehicles (e.g. weekly bulletins, publications, TV monitors).
- Prepare routine email correspondence from Human Resources for distribution to USP staff.
- Monitor email inboxes used in conducting Staff Engagement Office business.
- Provide drafting, editing and/or proofreading for SEO correspondence or internal communications.
- Provide analytical support for SEO metrics tracking.
- Lead small projects and teams as needed to accomplish tasks.
- Conduct research on engagement and communication topics as needed.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, HR or related field required
- At least 2 years of experience in internal communications and/or staff engagement related work
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively
- Project leader or team leader experience
- Demonstrated writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Thrives in a results-oriented, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent planning, time management and organizational skills
- Self-starter - must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong technology orientation
- Capable of coordinating across business units and sharing critical information
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Professionalism and good judgment
- Desire and ability to work well with diverse employees and customers in a cooperative and friendly manner
- Exceptional customer service disposition
- Capable of managing deadlines and balancing multiple priorities
- Able to thrive in a rapidly changing business environment
- Comfortable challenging conventional thinking and existing processes
- Creative problem solving
- Prior experience in a scientific based industry is desirable
- Experience in content management software applications (such as Drupal or iContact) a plus
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular