Telephone Data Collectors At-Home
telephone data collectors to conduct phone interviews on a variety of subjects,
such as education, the education, environment, health and transportation.
Candidates must be able
to work 15-40 hours per week, during the following times Weekdays (9:00
AM - 7:00 PM ET) ,Evenings (6pm-12pm ET) and Weekends (Sat.
10a-6pm ET, Sun.2pm-9pm ET).
- be 18 or older
- provide voice sample
- Meet the following at Home Equipment requirements at the time of
- Land line phone service
- Not permitted:Cell phones,satellite internet/phone service - such as Dish Network
- features (e. g. call
waiting, voice mail, call forwarding, etc.) must be disabled during working
- long distance service is
- A reliable Windows-based (Windows 7 or later) PC computer, and ability to upgrade as security and operational requirements change.
- anti-virus and anti-spyware software installed with current and updated virus definitions
- Internet Explorer (IE) installed - most current non-beta version
- up-to-date Shockwave and Acrobat Reader software installed (can be
downloaded for free)
- regular in-home access to a printer
- a wired high speed internet connection (cable, DSL or fiber optic
only) with a minimum of 10 mbps download speed
- Connection must be
hard-wired with ethernet cable connection during working hours. Use of wireless routers, WIFI, not permitted
- Connection must be
- a web cam with video and audio functionality that can be connected to
your work computer (ability to set up a Skype account and install appropriate
software for home work environment verification)
- a quiet private and secure work space to conduct interviews (does not
have to be a dedicated office, but work environment must be quiet and secure
during work hours, including training)
Any offer of employment
may be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a post-offer background screening, if required for the position, based on the specific position which
may include, for example, identity verification, employment history, or
criminal records history.
Westat is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other
classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.