Inside Sales Manager
The Chronicle seeks an experienced and dynamic inside sales manager to lead recruitment advertising direct sales. The manager is responsible for driving revenue growth for The Chronicle of Higher Education and The Chronicle of Philanthropy through goal-setting, training, coaching, and motivating a sales team to articulate the high value of our premium solution recruitment advertising products and services. This position will work closely with department leadership to develop strategies to maximize premium solution sales and drive new business in the market.
- Lead the sales associates to exceed revenue goals by penetrating targeted customers and acquiring new customers leveraging the sales management process.
- Plan and execute team selling activities including customer planning, goal and driver metric attainment, forecasting, goal setting, cross functional partnerships and tools/technology use.
- Develop successful sales process and goals and provide leadership and direction to the sales associates.
- Lead sales team to expand market penetration and generate revenue through leadership, coaching and professional development that is aligned with The Chronicle’s customer strategy.
- Hire, train and mentor sales reps so they consistently achieve individual revenue goals.
- Build and execute coaching plans that focus on sellers, sales process and activities to drive results through others.
- Understand the market, competition, environment and customer needs.
- Create and implement revenue-generating initiatives for the higher education and philanthropy businesses.
- Provide analysis of trending, sales activities, and general effectiveness for sales initiatives and productivity.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of leadership experience directly managing an inside sales team.
- Demonstrated success in developing strategies to meet customer needs, exceed sales team goals, and grow revenue.
- Inspirational leader – energetic, positive, competitive, leads by example, and skilled at motivating individuals and teams.
- Ability to lead change through positive coaching and assertive and analytical approach.
- Demonstrated ability to provide in-the-moment coaching as well as structured professional development and performance feedback.
- Financial acumen with demonstrated ability to forecast, manage pipeline, recognize trends, and proactively advance concerns.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with ability to lead sellers and positively influence customers.
- Experience with Salesforce is required.
- Knowledge of recruitment advertising and the higher education and nonprofit industries are preferred.