Supervisory General Attorney
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
2. In addition, applicants must have:
A. Four (4) years of professional legal experience (at least one year equivalent to the GS-14 level) as demonstrated by engaging in the practice of law in a substantive area of the Agency's enforcement, related civil rights litigation, or general litigation in federal and/or state courts. Applicants should have strong writing and oral advocacy skills. Applicants should also possess knowledge of the laws outlined above, and possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills. B. Professional legal education above the first professional law degree may be substituted for experience required as follows:
(1) An advance decree such as LL.M. or JSD may be substituted for one year of the required professional legal experience.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs. Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
See Qualifications Section.
- This is a Non-Bargaining Unit position.
- EEOC will not pay relocation expenses.
- A background investigation is required and continued employment is contingent on completion of that process to determine suitability for federal employment.
- You will be required to serve a trial period.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job.Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation