ASSISTANT RESEARCH FELLOW (TEAM LEAD)
Occasional travel - Up to 15%
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Background or Security Investigation: This is a Non-Sensitive position which requires a background investigation.To qualify for this position, you must:
- Possesses a master's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education (or international equivalent) in a national security affairs related area or other appropriate discipline.
- Have 2 years' experience conducting research, performing studies or providing support to curriculum development.
- Have experience as a team lead, assigning projects and managing deliverables and timelines.
- Have exceptional skill in writing and oral communications techniques in order to develop and convey assessments and recommendations to senior leaders.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to initiate and maintain positive and productive working relationships with faculty, researchers, students, and colleagues in a group or individual setting.
- Have experience using Blackboard, Google Cloud, Academic Databases, Search Engines, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word in conducting research of course materials.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying editorial guidelines and publication standards, including standards of style and accuracy
- Demonstrates strong skills in editing, fact checking and proof reading for publications, reports, presentations as well as course material.
This is a Title 10 Excepted Service Appointment. Appointment is not to exceed 3 years with the possibility for extension. Applications for this vacancy require a narrative assessment questionnaire to be completed by each applicant and uploaded as a separate document with submission. The required narrative questions are listed in the "How You Will Be Evaluated" section. Responses to the narrative questions must be completed and uploaded with the other specified required documents.
NDU has a comprehensive benefits package that includes retirement, social security, and thrift savings; health, life, and long term care insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays. NDU employees enjoy flexible work schedules, transit subsidy, and the opportunity to telecommute.
Initial Probationary Period: You will be required to serve an initial probationary period of 18 months.
Reemployed Annuitants: Department of Defense has the authority to hire annuitants without reduction in pay. For more information, go to: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300.pdf
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
A screening panel will review your resume and narrative answers to the assessment questions to evaluate your qualifications for the position. NDU uses a multi-tier selection process for academic positions You must attach a separate document with answers to the questions listed below. The following questions will be reviewed by the NDU screening panel.
- Describe your experience in and/or knowledge of conducting studies, including subject, course levels, and on whose behalf, preparing background papers, literature searches, etc. Describe your expertise in locating materials, conducting, compiling and cataloging research results and in analyzing the quality of research as well as the amount of years you have performed these or related tasks.
- Institutional Administrative Maintenance: Describe your experience in directing or assisting with vital academic administrative duties in support of faculty and research staff. Describe a time when you organized or participated in a complex research project, to what audience the project was presented, and in which academic subject areas or departments the projects were completed.
- Publications and Curriculum Development: Describe your expertise in preparing research results for publication, editing and fact-checking reports and presentations, including coordinating changes with authors and co-authors. Describe your experience in conducting or assisting with academic outreach activities. Describe your experience in developing curriculum materials and in teaching courses, including preparing writing summaries, formatting lesson plans, and producing teaching notes.
- Team Leadership: Describe your past interactions with academic leadership and/or course directors in which you had to identify research and logistical goals and research priorities and objectives. Describe any experience you have in supervising and managing individuals or teams as well as how many years in which you have performed these duties to include the tools and techniques used to report and maintain records on team and individual work accomplishments, progress, problems, training needs. Describe any experience in representing a team in dealings with leadership/course directors for securing resources and securing information/decisions.
Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation