Student Cooperative - Paid (CCU)
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must meet ALL of the minimum requirements.
- Students must be currently enrolled full or half-time in an accredited college or university program, classified or academically ranked by semester hours as a Sophomore, Junior, Senior or Graduate student, graduating in 2019 or later; must be "in good standing" with college or university. (MUST SUBMIT TRANSCRIPT STATING CURRENT ENROLLMENT STATUS, AND IN GOOD STANDING, WITH A GRADE POINT AVERAGE (GPA) AT LEAST 3.0)
- Must be currently enrolled in a Information Systems, Cyber, Digital Forensics, and/or Computer Science undergraduate or graduate degree program
- Must be able to report to work in the USPS OIG office (Arlington, VA) for which you are selected during core business hours
- Participation in Scholarship for Service, CyberCorp program
- Experience utilizing mobile device extraction, digital forensics acquisition, and analysis tools; Guidance Software Encase, AccessData Forensic Tool Kit/FTK Imager, Volatility,Cellebrite UFED, MSAB XRY, Magnet Forensics Internet Evidence Finder
- Experience utilizing Splunk/ElasticSearch to analyze large data sets to include databases, and event/activity logs
Include your major accomplishments relevant to the evaluation factors in your resume.
- Demonstrated experience researching, analyzing, and/or technical troubleshooting related to computers and/or networks to include: Unix/Linux, Microsoft, and/or Mac OS operating systems.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and evaluating statistical data
You will no longer be considered for this position if you: fail to respond to all of the questions in the self-assessment questionnaire; fail to address a factor in the narrative section (no response or "See resume" or similar language will be scored a zero (0) ); or receive a zero (0) rating on any evaluation factor.
In each narrative section you must also indicate the reference person(s) who could verify your achievements. Include their full name, title and phone number. Your supervisor may also be contacted to verify any work-related statements you write.
Failure to demonstrate that you meet all evaluation factor requirements will result in a score of zero (0). Upon receipt of a zero score, you will be deemed "not minimally qualified," and you will not be referred for further consideration.
Student Cooperatives are not eligible for USPS OIG Employee Benefits.
This agency provides Reasonable Accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations for any part of the application and/or hiring process, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The decision on granting an accommodation request will be made on a case by case basis.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The Human Resources Office will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure that you meet the minimum qualifications required for this position. You will no longer be considered for this position if you: fail to respond to all of the questions in the self-assessment questionnaire; fail to address a factor in the narrative section or state "see resume" or similar language; receive a zero (0) rating on any evaluation factor; fail to attach all required documentation; if your application materials indicate that you are not minimally-qualified for this position; or if you fail to qualify on the interview. Only the top-rated candidates will be referred to a review official or the selecting official for further consideration. If your application is referred to the review official, the reviewer will compare your self-assessment questionnaire responses to your resume and supporting documentation. It is essential that your resume and supporting documentation provide sufficient information to substantiate your responses to the self-assessment questionnaire. If your questionnaire responses are not adequately substantiated, the review official will amend your rating to more accurately reflect the level of competency indicated. Top-rated applicants may be required to participate in an interview. Your rating may be further adjusted or rated as ineligible by the review official or the selecting official based on your interview performance. Once all applicant scores are finalized, the selecting official will make a final decision. NOTE: If you receive a zero (0) rating on any evaluation factor or on the interview, you will be considered NOT MINIMALLY QUALIFIED for the position and rated ineligible.Read more Security clearance Top Secret