Occasional travel - Occasional Travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
This position requires a secret security clearance.
Any required investigations and clearances must be completed before the selectee can be placed in the position.
The selectee will be subject to drug testing/random drug testing and will be required to complete a confidential financial disclosure statement upon entrance and on an annual basis thereafter.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Basic Entry Requirements for All Grade Levels:
1. Degree: accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law. (The term "accounting" means "accounting and/or auditing" in this standard. Similarly, "accountant" should be interpreted, generally, as "accountant and/or auditor.")
2. Combination of education and experience: at least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge. The applicant's background must also include one of the following:
- Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality. This can include up to 6 hours of business law;
- A certificate as Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination; or
- Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing, e.g., 15 semester hours, but that does not fully satisfy the 24-semester-hour requirement of paragraph A, provided that (a) the applicant has successfully worked at the full-performance level in accounting, auditing, or a related field, e.g., valuation engineering or financial institution examining; (b) a panel of at least two higher level professional accountants or auditors has determined that the applicant has demonstrated a good knowledge of accounting and of related and underlying fields that equals in breadth, depth, currency, and level of advancement that which is normally associated with successful completion of the 4-year course of study described in paragraph A; and (c) except for literal nonconformance to the requirement of 24 semester hours in accounting, the applicant's education, training, and experience fully meet the specified requirements.
Grade Level Requirements
In addition to meeting the basic requirements above, you must have the education or one year of specialized experience at the next lower grade or equivalent level listed below:
GS-09: A Master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D. with major study in accounting, auditing, or related discipline.
Fifty-two weeks of experience at the GS-07 level, or equivalent, that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Specialized experience includes performing audit steps and tasks of limited difficulty and complexity such as documenting interviews, conducting background research, analyzing and documenting large amounts of data, and preparing draft audit reports using a practical application of auditing standards, procedures, and technology.
COMBINING EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Combination of experience (less than 1 year of specialized experience as described above) and post high school education beyond the second year which combined meet the education and experience requirements or combination of education and experience. Combinations of successfully completed education and experience may be used to meet the total qualification requirements for GS-7 only. The total of the 2 percentages must equal at least 100%. Generally, one full academic year of study is equivalent to 30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours or 20 hours of classroom instruction per week for approximately 36 weeks in a business, secretarial, or technical school.
NOTE: Only education in excess of the first 60 semester hours (i.e., beyond the second year) is creditable toward meeting the required experience. Once you have met this aspect of the requirement (i.e., 60 semester hours), then each additional 30 semester hours may be converted to 6 months of the required experience.
**Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
**THIS POSITION HAS A POSITIVE EDUCATION REQUIREMENT; YOU MUST SEND ALL OF YOUR OFFICIAL OR UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS FROM ANY ACCREDITED EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. **
The Department of Commerce provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Human Resources Office. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis. TTY users can contact the Human Resources Office via the Federal Relay Service, 1-800-877-8339. The following links provide information on various hiring authorities that do not fall under competitive examining procedures; however, they may enable you to apply through merit assignment procedures, or be eligible for a non-competitive appointment:
*Veterans Recruitment Act (VRA)
*Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA)
*30% or more disabled veterans
*Persons with disabilities
*Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)
*Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation (transcripts, if applicable) to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. If you meet the minimum qualifications stated in the job opportunity announcement, we will compare your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to your responses on the scored occupational questionnaire that you completed as part of the application and place you in one of three pre-defined categories. These categories are "gold," "silver," and "bronze.” However, your resume and/or optional cover letter must support your responses to the occupational questions, or your score may be lowered. Candidates placed in the "gold" category will be identified for referral to the hiring manager and may be invited for an interview. How you will be evaluated for preference eligibility: Within each category, those entitled to veterans' preference will be listed at the top of the pre-defined category for which they are placed. Preference eligibles with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest quality category (gold) for all positions except for Professional and Scientific positions at the grade 9/ band II and above. The scored occupational questionnaire will evaluate you on the following competencies; please do not provide a separate written response:
--KSA 1: Knowledge of accounting and auditing principles, concepts, practice and standards.
--KSA 2: Ability to plan and conduct performance and financial audits.
--KSA 3: Ability to collect and document information, using databases and spreadsheet applications for extracting and analyzing data, and to document work.
--KSA 4: Ability to effectively present information orally in order to communicate clearly and accurate the results of audit findings and reports.
--KSA 5: Ability to effectively present information in writing, to include a thorough knowledge of accepted standards of writing, use of proper grammar and the preparation of audit reports in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
For more information on category rating, please go to:
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Secret Drug test required Yes