SUPERVISORY MANAGEMENT AND PROGRAM ANALYST *MSP*
Occasional travel - 1-5 Nights Per Month
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
-You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS (FRONT LINE MANAGER): You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the next lower level within the payband or GS grade in the normal line of progression in the Federal service. To be qualifying for this position your experience should be sufficient to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of management techniques, methods, theories, principles, and labor relations concepts, to assure optimum utilization of personnel, equipment, and space for the accomplishment of all program objectives with combined technical and administrative oversight;
- Knowledge and understanding of regulations, other official guidance and principles, including the latest procedures and techniques sufficient to oversee the planning, development and implementation of the technical aspects of programs specific to the position being filled;
- Extensive knowledge of cost estimating procedures and cost analysis, project management, and legal and regulatory interpretations specific to the position being filled;
- Knowledge of communicative techniques to effectively and diplomatically interact with internal and external customers.
-To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position
- We offer opportunities for telework
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules
- Subject to a 1-year probationary period is required (unless already completed)
- Subject to a 1-year supervisory or managerial probationary period is required (unless already completed)
- Must successfully complete a background investigation including an FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check)
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- File a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of appointment and annually from then on
- Undergo an income tax verification and review of prior performance/conduct
- Tour of Duty: Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 4:30 pm
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Applicants determined tentatively eligible/qualified by the system will be prompted to complete the Technical Competency Narrative Questions and to provide a brief description of your accomplishments related to the position being filled. Your application will be evaluated on the leadership and technical competencies of the position to be filled per the Service's Management Selection program (MSP) 2.0 which covers Frontline, Department and Senior Manager positions. Technical Competencies for this position are: (1) Analysis and Decision Making; (2) Business Process Improvement; (3) Contract Oversight; (4) Information Systems Management, and (5) Knowledge Management
Category rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three quality level categories, (i.e., A = Superior, B = Highly Qualified, C= Qualified) depending on your responses to the online questions related to this position.
Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported.
Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview (telephonic and/or in person at the discretion of the Selecting Official in accordance with hiring polices). We will notreimburse costs related to the interview such as travel to and from the interview site.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP), you must receive a rating of category B or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here.