School of Nursing - Term Assistant Professor
Job Category : Instructional or Research Faculty
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Nurse Practitioner Faculty, School of Nursing College of Health and Human Services
George Mason University, College of Health and Human Services, School of Nursing (SoN) invites applications for two full-time, 9-month Instructional Term Assistant Professor faculty positions with responsibilities for teaching in the Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) program as the primary assignment and courses in the undergraduate (BSN) program as needed. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to: Teaching:
- Creates an atmosphere of engagement in student learning that reflects the strategic goals of the university.
- Teaches assigned courses in accordance with faculty expectations as outlined in the workload policy and GMU faculty handbook.
- Optimizes the online teaching environment to be conducive to student learning by developing creative, challenging, and evidence-based learning opportunities.
- Proficiently uses online technology and resources to provide informed feedback and critique in a thoughtful, well-written and timely manner.
- Upholds the expectations of masters/doctoral level work with respect to program and course learning outcomes.
- Effectively supervises practicum experiences which includes on-site student assessments at the Mason and Partners clinics, as well as evaluation of student practicum journals and logs. Scholarship:
- Stays current with clinical practice and evidence that support content area expertise, professional growth, and professional certification and licensure requirements.
- Demonstrates commitment to scholarly advancement through translational research, scholarly inquiry, and dissemination through professional journals and conferences. Service:
- Serves on School of Nursing, College of Health and Human Services, and George Mason University committees to promote the development and growth of the institution.
- Serves as a liaison for the School, College, and University in the community or through professional activities.
- Actively participates in professional associations.
- Advises students on academic, professional, and/or personal issues while providing referrals when appropriate.
Reports to: Assistant Dean, MSN/DNP Programs, School of Nursing, College of Health and Human Services
Collaborates with: SoN faculty, community and agency partners.
Required Qualifications: * A current, unencumbered Virginia Registered Nurse license, Nurse Practitioner license and national certification, and License to Prescribe. * A terminal degree in nursing (DNP or PhD) * Demonstrated recent clinical experience as a nurse practitioner * A significant record of professional contributions in the field of nursing Preferred Qualifications * Significant teaching experience * Experience with distance learning in an online environment
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position F6711z at http://email@example.com by August 1, 2018; complete and submit the online application and attach a cover letter, CV, and list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :